Senior Product Manager, Traveler Recommendations and Activity Feed
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Are you interested in a rare opportunity to help build and grow an online marketplace? Are you a product manager with strong technical skills that is passionate about building exceptional user experiences? HomeAway is an exciting, international, profitable company that is transforming the market to become the world's leading vacation rental marketplace. We are searching for the next standout product manager to join HomeAway's Traveler Product team and power our core value proposition of helping our travelers find the perfect vacation across HomeAway, VRBO and global HomeAway sites around the world.
As the Senior Product Manager, you will work closely with the engineering, design, data science, data & content platforms, and other traveler teams to define the vision for a Traveler Activity Feed on our home screen. You’ll help define a personalized experience to help travelers discover new destinations and take more trips to reconnect with family and friends. You are a strategic thinker, passionate about user experience, analytical, an excellent problem-solver, and has a strong work ethic.
- Develop, communicate and execute the vision, strategy and roadmap for one or more feature sets within the Traveler Shopping & Discovery portfolio, in partnership with key team members, to drive higher traveler conversion.
- Lead a feature team during preparation and participation in 120-day planning sessions, monthly product reviews, and deep dive workshops.
- Collaborate daily with the Development, Design, and Data Science team to ensure project requirements are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality.
- Practice the test and learn methodology and to quickly and efficiently identify and evaluate opportunities that will inform the roadmap.
- Conduct competitive analysis and industry research to identify gaps and opportunities to improve the product strategy.
- Collaborate across the product management organization to ensure visibility into cross-cutting initiatives.
- Define, track and report on user metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvement e.g. feature usage, conversion rates.
- Manage resolution of urgent technical issues while communicating changes to business partners.
- Make recommendations regarding policy changes that will enable and support the product vision and strategy.
- 7+ years of software product management experience within an agile software development environment.
- Possess analytical reasoning and ability to boil down end user needs into new products/ideas and a relevant technical framework.
- Ability to lead large, complex, international projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proficient in using the scientific method to find opportunities and evaluate solutions to business problems.
- Ability to prioritize with conviction and communicate decisions effectively.
- High level initiative and desire to create a premier user experience for our customers.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical background.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% Internationally.
- Experience building and crafting a user news feed.
- Familiarity utilizing SQL and Hadoop for data analysis to aid business decisions
- Hobbyist programmer.
- Experience working with Data Science and using machine learning to analyze and classify data.
- Experience with online A/B testing to drive improvement in customer experience and business results.
- Travel industry experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Will oversees several teams of developers, working with them in designing and building software solutions for successfully marketing HomeAway listings to customers.
Back to top