Senior Product Manager - Sort
Want to work in an exciting, high-energy role responsible for helping to change the face of online travel? The Senior Product Manager for Sort will be help drive the HomeAway’s sort platform and ranking algorithms. This role would be responsible for the design of the algorithm that drives the default sort order of vacation rentals, a critical driver of conversion and revenue. A successful individual should be able to seamlessly span technology, revenue management, market management and data science/analytics teams to create and implement a compelling product that drives the greatest conversion from vacation rental search. Bring your experience, creativity, communication, collaboration skills, and desire to be the best, and join us as we continue to reinvent travel.
- Lead the Sort Product Line Team with ownership of our default sort algorithm and sort technology platform
- Develop and execute the vision, strategy and roadmap for ensuring every HomeAway traveler can easily find the perfect vacation rental via our default sort
- Partner with the Marketplace Design Team to deliver a sort that aligns the interests of Travelers, Owners, & HomeAway and encourages our owners to (repeatedly) adopt the right behaviors leading to increased customer relevance and greater marketplace contributions to their performance
- Partner with the Traveler and Mobile product line teams to deliver a holistic search experience on HomeAway’s online and multi-channel platforms
- Act as the product champion and evangelize the product vision effectively to stakeholders and independently drive alignment on product requirements.
- Evolve the sort algorithm through a “build, measure, learn” approach, informed by A/B testing and statistical analysis of traveler search behaviors.
- Conduct competitive analysis to identify gaps and opportunities that will further inform the product roadmap for our sort platform.
- Work closely with Data Scientists and Technical Leaders to understand how to develop the business case for innovative, revolutionary and disruptive new capabilities.
- Collaborate with the development teams to evaluate technical options. Work closely with business and technology teams to prioritize and schedule enhancements, new features and fixes.
- Drive the cross group working sessions to ensure alignment for strategic initiatives.
- Manage resolution of urgent technical issues, communicating with global business stakeholders and escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution and minimize business impact.
- Track and report on key metrics.
Required Skills / Experience:
- 5+ years' Product management experience understanding, communicating, and prioritizing technology business requirements.
- Self-starter with demonstrated strengths managing multiple projects simultaneously and driving them to completion with limited direction.
- Ability to evangelize and articulate innovative technology for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven skills at cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple business and technical teams.
- Proven influencing skills: the ability to manage expectations of business partners while maintaining productive relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to design, build and manage highly complex projects.
- Proven knowledge of e-commerce standards and best practices.
- Strong track record of managing complex project schedules, resources and communications. Experience with the agile methodology a plus.
- Solid understanding of technical concepts, architecture, software engineering a requirement. Previous experience in software engineering a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to use SQL or HQL to obtain data for analysis or decision making.
- Experience working with or managing Data Scientists preferred
- Experience in the travel vertical + eCommerce, including behavioral analysis/optimization is a plus
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly competitive salary
- Target Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks Paid Vacation
- Free Vacation Rental on a Yearly Basis (taxable benefit)
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
- Free Snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free Listing on HomeAway.com
- Stand-Up Desk
- Company Stock (RSUs)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Back to top