Senior Product Manager, eCommerce Risk Management
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com every day. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1 million online bookable listings. We help travelers find, book and pay for vacation rental accommodations in more than 190 countries around the world.
We process millions of dollars in payments on behalf of our travelers and vacation rental partners every day. Our ability to identify and mitigate transactional fraud is core to our customer value proposition, and critical for our continued growth and success. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to be our eCommerce gatekeeper for identifying bad guys and keeping them out of our marketplace. This role demands a deep background in product management, risk management, data science, machine learning, ability to operate in a highly technical environment, leadership skills, work collaboratively across many stakeholders, and killer puzzle-solving and intuition.
- Develop, communicate and execute the vision, strategy and roadmap for mitigating eCommerce fraud in our marketplace.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Risk, Product, Engineering, Legal, Finance and Customer Experience to think boldly and creatively, and create concrete product ideas and business cases for detecting and countering eCommerce fraud.
- Own the entire product life cycle - concept to design to creating detailed requirements and working with Engineering to execute on product delivery.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feedback learnings into the product development process.
- Establish and lead the eCommerce Risk Management team within the Booking Services portfolio, including preparation and participation in 120-day planning sessions, monthly product reviews and product inceptions.
- Evangelize and practice the test and learn methodology to quickly and efficiently identify and evaluate opportunities that will inform the roadmap.
- Conduct competitive analysis and industry research to identify gaps and opportunities that will further inform the product roadmap.
- Ensure projects are clearly defined and properly phased to accelerate delivery of business value.
- Make recommendations regarding policy changes that will enable and support the product vision and roadmap.
- Manage resolution of urgent business and/or technical issues, communicating with global stakeholders and escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution and minimize business impact.
- Define, track and report on key metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvement.
- 5+ years experience delivering highly successful domestic and global eCommerce risk management solutions.
- 5+ years software product management experience within an agile software development environment.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent in computer science or a quantitative domain plus hands-on software engineering and/or data science experience.
- Proficient in using the scientific method to identify and evaluate solutions to business problems.
- Ability to prioritize with conviction and communicate decisions effectively.
- Proven track record of ownership and management of multiple ongoing complex projects while delivering on schedule.
- Ability to manage projects that have global impact, stakeholders and deployment in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in adopting project management best practices, standards and policies.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive Pay
- Target Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks Paid Vacation
- Employee Purchase Discount Plan
- Discounted vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free Listing on HomeAway.com
- Discounted Metro Bus & Rail pass
- Electronic adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top