Senior Product Manager, Digital Content Tools and API's
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. With over one million online bookable vacation rental listings, we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Our broader mission as part of the Expedia portfolio is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
- We are passionate about travel: We are a company of travelers who wake up every day with passion for what we do
- We are innovative: We use our collective intelligence to invent technology and create products to simplify and improve travel for our customers and partners.
- We are enterprising: We relentlessly seek out opportunity. We take risks, act with speed and purpose, and always find a way to remove obstacles and get the job done.
The Senior Product Manager, Content Services will be responsible for the product vision and strategy for sourcing, organizing, managing, analyzing and serving digital content/media to power traditional and programmatic marketing activities. The primary objective for the Content & Media Services portfolio is to provide content that is scaleable, relevant, and differentiated across HA brands, thereby optimizing SEO, SEM, and traveler conversion.
- Sourcing Content - Collaborate with stakeholders to identify, rationalize and consolidate new/existing content sources into our unified content catalog, including content/media from HA internal sources, Expedia, DMOs and other 3rd party destination content providers.
- Organizing Content - Collaborate with the Supplier and Traveler experience teams to optimize how we collect and structure UGC from our customers (listings, reviews, profiles, photos, etc.) in a manner that enables programmatic marketing of destinations and properties.
- Managing Content - Develop/integrate tools and services to manage, curate and globalize content/media, including our CMS, manual & machine translation services, and media repository.
- Analyzing Content - Develop machine learning systems to tag content/media for use in programmatic marketing. Expand our media repository capabilities to include analyzing and cataloging media metadata that can be used to optimize traffic acquisition, personalize our traveler experience, drive improvements in partner photo quality, and improve traveler conversion.
- Publishing Content - Develop services and apis for publishing content/media for consumption by the Traveler/Partner experience teams and Marketing email campaigns.
- Develop, communicate and execute the vision, strategy and roadmap for the Content & Media Services portfolio, in partnership with key stakeholders including Engineering, Marketing, Programmatic Traffic Acquisition.
- Lead the Content & Media Services team during preparation and participation in 120-day planning sessions, monthly product reviews, and inceptions.
- Lead requirements gathering and process re-engineering discovery sessions with business and technical stakeholders.
- Evangelize and practice the test and learn methodology to quickly and efficiently identify and evaluate opportunities that will inform the roadmap.
- Conduct competitive analysis and industry research to identify gaps and opportunities that will further inform the product roadmap.
- Ensure projects are clearly defined and properly phased to accelerate delivery of business value.
- Make recommendations regarding policy changes that will enable and support the product vision and roadmap.
- Collaborate acrosss the product management organization to ensure clarity of roles and responsibilities and maximize synergy for cross-cutting initiatives.
- Manage resolution of urgent business and/or technical issues, communicating with global stakeholders and escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution and minimize business impact.
- Define, track and report on key metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvement.
- 5+ years software product management experience within an agile software development environment.
- 3+ years experience in global content/media management, including user generated content and managed/CMS content.
- Experience using machine learning to analyze, tag and leverage UGC/media content is a plus.
- Proficient in using the scientific method to identify and evaluate solutions to business problems.
- Possess analytical reasoning and ability to boil down end user needs into new product/enhancement ideas and a relevant technical framework.
- Ability to prioritize with conviction and communicate decisions effectively.
- Proven track record of ownership and management of multiple ongoing complex projects while delivering on schedule.
- Ability to manage projects that have global impact, stakeholders and deployment in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in adopting project management best practices, standards and policies.
- Great medical & dental plans
- Highly-competitive salary
- Target annual bonus
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company stock (RSUs)
- Free vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free vacation-rental listing
- Electric, adjustable standing desk
Back to top