Senior Oracle Applications Developer FAH or SLA
Have you ever had theopportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way andhelp them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here atHomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with morethan one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make everyvacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world throughour online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends findthe perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiencestogether. As for the analytics group, we enable product stakeholders withrelevant strategic and operational recommendations to make better decisions.Our culture is one that strives to solve difficult problems through productengineering, backed by rigorous hypothesis-based testing, empowering people to comeup with ideas and data-driven solutions quickly.
As a Senior OracleApplications Developer here at HomeAway – you’ll play a big role withimplementing and enhancing our growing Oracle financials applications footprintand join a talented team of developers, analysts and data base engineers todeliver efficient financial applications. You’ll use your broad set of skillsand experiences to transform requirements and build features or enhancementsthat help solve challenges and manage transaction workflows more effectively.You’ll conduct design and code walk-throughs, peer reviews, testing, andproduce technical-documentation for customizations you develop and the systemsyou implement. Along the way – you’ll be defining best practices and learningall about different aspects of our business. This includes working closely withHomeAway’s product owners, internal analysts, consultants, and business teamsto provide in-depth technical solutions for business objectives. If this soundslike your background and you’re ready to join the world’s leader in onlinevacation rentals – apply today!
- Bachelor’s degree intechnical discipline or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated expertise intechnical design, development and support related to Oracle EBS (R12).
- Commerce Systems exposure
- Proven expertise withPL/SQL, Java, XML, OAF page development, Custom Web ADI, BI Publisher,Concurrent Programs, AOL objects.
- Advanced technical knowledgeFinancial Accounting Hub.
- Experience with Unix/Linuxand shell scripts.
- Strong understanding of theOracle Apps architecture and the various Application and Database tiercomponents: data model, schemas, file system structure, packages, procedures.
- Ability to estimateprojects/tasks accurately and meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Clear and effective writtenand verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in anagile team environment.
- Understanding of codepromotion, version control, and QA procedures.
- Strong analytical, problem-solvingskills, and the ability to react quickly to changing requirements due toproduct limitation or driven by enterprise need.
Nice to Have:
- Oracle Certification
- R12 Financial Accounting Hubdevelopment experience.
- Experience in eCommercetechnologies
- Knowledge of ServiceOriented Architectures
- Experience with testingtools and processes.
- Java based Web services.
- Competitive health andinsurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus orcommission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearlybasis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock PurchaseProgram
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company updatetalks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustablestand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Railpass
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top