Senior Oracle Applications Developer FAH or SLA
World class enterprise systems are the foundation facilitating the growth of our company. With over $3 billion in annual bookings and over 1 million properties listed, HomeAway is the leader in the online vacation rental marketplace. The Enterprise Systems group is responsible for the technology, systems and services that support global financials, sales, customer service, planning, and employees worldwide.
As a Senior Oracle Applications Developer here at HomeAway – you’ll play a big role with implementing and enhancing our growing Oracle financials applications footprint and join a talented team of developers, analysts and data base engineers to deliver efficient financial applications. You’ll use your broad set of skills and experiences to transform requirements and build features or enhancements that help solve challenges and manage transaction workflows more effectively. You’ll conduct design and code walk-throughs, peer reviews, testing, and produce technical-documentation for customizations you develop and the systems you implement. Along the way – you’ll be defining best practices and learning all about different aspects of our business. This includes working closely with HomeAway’s product owners, internal analysts, consultants, and business teams to provide in-depth technical solutions for business objectives. If this sounds like your background and you’re ready to join the world’s leader in online vacation rentals – apply today!
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in technical design, development and support related to Oracle EBS (R12).
- Commerce Systems exposure
- Proven expertise with PL/SQL, Java, XML, OAF page development, Custom Web ADI, BI Publisher, Concurrent Programs, AOL objects.
- Advanced technical knowledge Financial Accounting Hub.
- Experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripts.
- Strong understanding of the Oracle Apps architecture and the various Application and Database tier components: data model, schemas, file system structure, packages, procedures.
- Ability to estimate projects/tasks accurately and meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in an agile team environment.
- Understanding of code promotion, version control, and QA procedures.
- Strong analytical,problem-solving skills, and the ability to react quickly to changing requirements due to product limitation or driven by enterprise need.
Nice to Have:
- Oracle Certification
- R12 Financial Accounting Hub development experience.
- Experience in eCommerce technologies
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures
- Experience with testing tools and processes.
- Java based Web services.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus
- Company stock (RSU's)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Back to top