Senior Market Manager (Japan)
HomeAway, Inc. an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 1.2 million listings in 193 countries. Our global platform spans across over 40 websites and 22 languages.
As a part of that family, HomeAway Asia is a rapidly expanding business established in 2012, with a main focus on emerging markets growth while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together
The Senior Market Manager is responsible for leading a small team of Market Management professionals to meet and exceed the Japan performance targets for HomeAway.
A leadership position critical in the evolution of Homeaway in the region; this role will nurture an enthusiastic team in a key market which presents challenging and exciting opportunities to accomplish unparalleled levels of growth.
- Manage and coach a small team to exceed team goals.
- Achieve individual and team revenue, conversion and listing acquisition targets.
- Provide support, guidance and a point of escalation to the team.
- Conduct daily/weekly meetings with the team.
- Localize and execute the HomeAway strategy.
- Achieve area content and listing quality targets by executing strategies and through enhanced cooperation with and education of property owners and property managers.
- Improve engagement with property owners and managers through frequent communication sharing insights and developments which enable listings to improve performance.
- Generate and maintain an ongoing pipeline of listings to develop.
- Coach team to comfortably prepare and deliver proposals to existing and prospective property owners and negotiate and settle disputes whilst maintaining strong relationships.
- Own, negotiate and manage ‘key’, high volume commercial partners to drive performance.
- Access business information systems and use data to make informed and intelligent decisions. Coach team in the use of data.
- Organise small group seminars and host online webinars to increase awareness and educate property owners.
- Maintain local knowledge of day-to-day developments relating to the holiday rental market and identify opportunities as and when they arise.
- Suggests improvements to existing sale/account management processes.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly country report.
- Conduct regular one-on-ones, performance appraisals and execute professional development plans.
- Develop expert local knowledge of the holiday rental market in assigned territory and accurately assesses and embrace opportunities as they arise.
- Other duties as may be reasonably required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 4 to 6+ years of demonstrated sales leadership experience with a small team, preferably for an online or travel-related company.
- Experience of leading a small team is essential.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software desirable.
- High standards of computer literacy and keyboarding skills. Experience with business support software applications such as MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce or Tourism at Bachelor level or equivalent is desirable.
- Proven ability to plan, identify and develop strong prospects and convert these into profitable new business.
- Occasional overseas travel required.
- Business level English proficiency/fluency
- Natural leader.
- Comfortable at training teams.
- Strong, confident effective and influencing skills.
- Exceptional communicator who engages others through credible communication.
- Exceptional data analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strongly developed sales and marketing acumen.
- Able to engage stakeholders at all levels.
- Willing to accept an element of risk in order to achieve business outcomes.
- Resilient and tenacious.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top