HomeAway, Inc. an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 1.2 million listings in 193 countries. Our global platform spans across over 40 websites and 22 languages.
As a part of that family, HomeAway Asia is a rapidly expanding business established in 2012, with a main focus on emerging markets growth while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
The Senior Market Manager is responsible for leading a small team of Market Management professionals to meet and exceed the Japan performance targets for HomeAway.
A leadership position critical in the evolution of Homeaway in the region; this role will nurture an enthusiastic team in a key market which presents challenging and exciting opportunities to accomplish unparalleled levels of growth.
- Manage and coach a small team to exceed team goals.
- Achieve individual and team revenue, conversion and listing acquisition targets.
- Provide support, guidance and a point of escalation to the team.
- Conduct daily/weekly meetings with the team.
- Localize and execute the HomeAway strategy.
- Achieve area content and listing quality targets by executing strategies and through enhanced cooperation with and education of property owners and property managers.
- Improve engagement with property owners and managers through frequent communication sharing insights and developments which enable listings to improve performance.
- Generate and maintain an ongoing pipeline of listings to develop.
- Coach team to comfortably prepare and deliver proposals to existing and prospective property owners and negotiate and settle disputes whilst maintaining strong relationships.
- Own, negotiate and manage ‘key’, high volume commercial partners to drive performance.
- Access business information systems and use data to make informed and intelligent decisions. Coach team in the use of data.
- Organise small group seminars and host online webinars to increase awareness and educate property owners.
- Maintain local knowledge of day-to-day developments relating to the holiday rental market and identify opportunities as and when they arise.
- Suggests improvements to existing sale/account management processes.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly country report.
- Conduct regular one-on-ones, performance appraisals and execute professional development plans.
- Develop expert local knowledge of the holiday rental market in assigned territory and accurately assesses and embrace opportunities as they arise.
- Other duties as may be reasonably required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 4 to 6+ years of demonstrated sales leadership experience with a small team, preferably for an online or travel-related company.
- Experience of leading a small team is essential.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software desirable.
- High standards of computer literacy and keyboarding skills. Experience with business support software applications such as MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce or Tourism at Bachelor level or equivalent is desirable.
- Proven ability to plan, identify and develop strong prospects and convert these into profitable new business.
- Occasional overseas travel required.
- Business level English proficiency/fluency
- Natural leader.
- Comfortable at training teams.
- Strong, confident effective and influencing skills.
- Exceptional communicator who engages others through credible communication.
- Exceptional data analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strongly developed sales and marketing acumen.
- Able to engage stakeholders at all levels.
- Willing to accept an element of risk in order to achieve business outcomes.
- Resilient and tenacious.