Senior Manager, Product Operations
Senior Manager, Product Operations
About the Company:
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? Welcome to HomeAway the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1.2 million property listings. At HomeAway, our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and, we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Our broader mission as part of the Expedia portfolio is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
- We Are Passionate about Travel: We are a company of travelers who wake up every day with passion for what we do.
- We Are Innovative: We use our collective intelligence to invent technology and create products to simplify and improve travel for our customers and partners.
- We Are Enterprising: We relentlessly seek out opportunity. We take risks, act with speed and purpose, and always find a way to remove obstacles and get the job done
An exciting opportunity has arisen at HomeAway for Senior Manager, Product Operations to join our global product team. In this role, you will drive operational excellence and be actively involved in product skills development. HomeAway product organization is growing through an unprecedented growth with exciting product development initiatives across all product lines and matching team growth. Our teams are passionate about developing world class product functionalities and, together with the engineering organization are executing against highly competitive product strategy. In order to enable this growth we are looking to build an impressive product operations framework and offer our talent world class product development program.
Senior Manager, Product Operations will play an integral part in developing, leading and executing programs within HomeAway global product organization. We are looking for a professional who is laser focused on execution and building, capable of understanding the big picture and capable of working collaboratively with cross-functional and geographically diverse teams. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver, passionate about superb performance through operational excellence and experienced program manager.
- Provide program management and operational support in driving the cross-functional and cross-regional teams for HomeAway Products.
- Plan and execute Product planning sessions, working with stakeholders across the organization in order to capture priorities from the entire business
- Drive co-ordination between product, engineering and design teams
- Run monthly product reviews
- Ensure test tracking and monthly reporting
- Ensure Product teams follow OKR guidelines – recording, tracking, communication and scoring
- Provide project management for product-related projects (lead meetings, manage project plans/critical path milestones, resolve/escalate issues and risks, report progress, drive project execution)
- Drive execution and operational planning for design-focused programs
- Reporting, prioritizing, and capacity planning
- Monthly group reporting – test velocity, product road-map, quarterly town halls
- Work with product leaders to develop critical and competitive skills requirements which will be used for continuous development and world class product mindset
- With Senior Director, Product Leadership and Development, be actively involved in delivering quarterly Product Academy sessions
- Support Product Leaders adhere to product competencies and skills framework
- Collaborate with HomeAway University Program Manager in order to deliver high quality University product talent internship and on-boarding experience
- 4-5 years of combined experience in program/project management, with minimum of one year in consultancy / chief of staff role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related area, or equivalent industry experience
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to plan, run large scale meetings with senior stakeholders
- High attention to detail and quality for all work products
- Advance excel and Power Point skills
- Ability to communicate persuasively, build strong-relationships, and collaborate with key stakeholders and peers.
- Motivated, self-driven, flexible, and detail-oriented, with excellent project management and communication skills.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Competitive Salary
- Target Annual Bonus
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- 4 weeks Paid Vacation
- Free Vacation Rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Free snacks and beverages
- Weekly company update talks with our C-Team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Dynamic and fun work space including sit-to-stand desk
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top