Senior Manager of Global Compensation
Over the past 10 years, HomeAway has made an incredible journey from the vision of its founders to build one global marketplace for holiday rentals to becoming the global market leader with over 2 million ‘whole’ houses. Working with us is all about inspiration, challenge, collaboration and having a say in what you do. We are part of Expedia Inc. and our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. HomeAway has the energy of a start-up, plus the stability of being part of the largest travel company in the world! Once you are part of the family the career opportunities are endless. HomeAway is seeking a Senior Manager of Global Compensation at our headquarters location in Austin, TX
What will you do?
You and your team will manage the ongoing development, operation and communication of HomeAway’s industry leading Compensation programs. You’ll also serve as a key leader in the continuing post-acquisition integration of HomeAway and Expedia.
You will collaborate and communicate with cross-functional partners, providing compensation expertise to help achieve business goals while gaining commitment and facilitating agreement. You will ensure that Compensation plans/programs effectively meet organization and employee needs, are managed within budget and are in compliance with company policies/procedures and applicable government regulations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning, budgeting and roll-out of global programs ensuring seamless integration across regions and with Expedia corporate headquarters
- Partnering with sales and sales operations teams to design, facilitate consensus, document and operate sales/partner incentive plans in various markets.
- Gathering competitive intelligence on the market and generating recommendations to guide the business on how to maintain its competitive edge.
- Partnering with Expedia teams on executive compensation, equity administration, global mobility and integration projects.
- Managing global compensation resources, including work plans for the global compensation analyst and partnering with IT and HR Operations on Oracle HR compensation deliverables.
What will you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive Compensation experience, preferably in the Technology sector
- Professional certification in Compensation (CCP) and/or Benefits (CBP or CEBS) preferred.
- Prior management experience strongly preferred.
- Solid analytical skills including a grounding in statistics, competitive market analysis, and impact of rewards on business culture and results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of country regulations and compliance requirements governing local compensation and benefits practices and procedures.
- Excellent judgment and consulting skills with the ability to resolve complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment
- Excellent listening and verbal/written communication skills, including effective presentation skills.
- Advanced Excel skills, with experience with Oracle HR and Workday a plus.
Periodic travel required to HomeAway regional offices and Expedia headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
⁃ Great Medical & Dental Plans
⁃ Competitive Salary
⁃ Target Annual Bonus
⁃ Employee Stock Purchase Plan
⁃ 4-weeks Paid Vacation
- Discounted Vacation Rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
⁃ 401(k) matching
⁃ Free snacks and beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top