HomeAway is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to be based inits office in London for a 12 months maternity cover, starting 1st of October 2018. The Senior Legal Counsel will provide advice and assistance on a range of legal subjects mainly for the HomeAway businesses conducted in the UK and Nordics. Issues will include e-commerce, privacy, corporate and government relations. The Senior Legal Counsel will report into the Senior Director, Head of EMEA Legal Affairs who is based in Paris,France.
· Advising on e-commerce and implementing strategy together with thebusiness;
· Drafting andnegotiating agreements (includingbut not limited to sales, marketing, advertising, supplier, inter-company);
· Working withinternal clients to understand HomeAway products, services and strategy andacting as local “Product Counsel” to ensure the right terms, conditions andagreements minimize risks;
· Advising on dataprotection questions withthe EI Privacy team help as they arise andimplementing strategy;
· Monitor vacationrental and other regulations thatimpact the HomeAway business and advise and support the governmentrelations team;
· Managing anyother legal tasks as they arise, which may include support on strategictransactions, litigation and tax.
Candidate Profile :
· Lawyer qualified topractice in the UK with a minimum of 4-6 years of experience either in-house orin a reputable law-firm.
· Experience advisinge-commerce companies.
· German speaker aserious advantage.
· Willing totravel on a regular basis.
· Able to learn acomplicated and dynamic business, proactively advise on a combination of legaland business issues and have strong communication and legal counseling skillsto facilitate becoming a trusted partner of the business team.
· Must have commonsense and able to assess key risks while maintaining strong attention to detailand technical skills.
· Can do and hands-on attitude.