Senior iOS Engineer, Partner Apps
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia Group family of brands. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and run bookings online.
About HomeAway Mobile
HomeAway is one of the most data rich companies in the world. Our Mobile Engineering teams love to take that data and mold it into deeply attractive and engaging user experiences that our Travelers and Vacation Rental Owners (our Partners) love to use, time and again. They know that if they make visible attempts to engage and entertain our users will return that energy. Quality in quality out.
About your opportunity
As an engineer on our Partner app team you’ll play a significant role in ensuring our iOS partner app is a best-in-class offering. You will make sure that the app performs well, that each code change leaves the codebase maintainable, that the visual design is meticulously up to spec and ensure that the platform specific offerings of iOS are used for a truly native experience.
Successful contributors on the iOS Partner team exhibit more than just extraordinary technical prowess; they demonstrate uncanny product intuition and the ability to communicate effectively, respectfully and empathetically.
You will love this role if you’re looking for an environment
- That challenges you to think deeply about software architecture
- That encourages you to invest time into your craft and self-improvement, including time for reading books and attending conferences
- Where the best tool for the job is the right one
- Where UX design isn’t an afterthought
- Where smart risk-taking is encouraged
- Where processes exist only to help the team progress
- Where you have a tangible opportunity to change people's lives in a positive way
- Where diversity is valued, empathy is offered and individuals’ unique needs are treated with utmost respect
Required skills and experience
- 4+ years experience developing for iOS
- Experience shipping large scale iOS apps
- Experience writing tests and testable code
- Ability to collaborate and drive results cross-team, in a complex working environment
- Experience working in a cross-functional Agile team
Technologies we use: Xcode, Swift, git and GitHub, XCTest and XCUI Testing, GraphQL, Jenkins, TestFlight, Firebase, Fabric, Zeplin, EarlGrey
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress code
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top