Senior Hadoop Developer
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1.2 million properties listed. We have over one million visitors per year and serve more than one million page views per month. As for engineering, we solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies. Our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas.
Our ideal candidate, at a minimum, will be able to:
- Develop data solutions with Big Data technologies such as Hive, HBase, Kafka, and Cascading.
- Use Java and J2EE technologies to develop data-oriented applications on Hadoop.
- Implement RESTful web services at scale.
- Perform advanced data operations with HiveQL
- Design and document data models for use in analytical and front-end applications.
- Design and document API specifications for exposing data to production services
- Collaborate and work with various stakeholders including engineering managers, architects, and software developers
- Demonstrate experience working with multi-petabyte data systems
- Experience developing on Spark
- Experience with stream processing frameworks such as Samza
- Experience with Google BigQuery
- Knowledge of data science and machine learning tools and practices
- Experience working in e-commerce and cloud environments
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus
- Company stock (RSU's)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Back to top