Senior Front-End/UI Developer
HomeAway.com, Inc. (an Expedia Brand) is the global leader in holiday rentals (HR). HR’s represent the second largest travel accommodation option, behind only traditional hotels and resorts. Further, they are the fastest growing segment within the travel accommodations industry. In the coming years, HomeAway aspires to hyper-charge industry growth by taking this category mainstream.
About Global Creative Studio:
The Global Creative Studio (GCS) is an international, multi-disciplinary group of creatives with a deep curiosity about the world and an undeniable passion for travel. As part of the Global Brand and Integrated Marketing team, we’re responsible for imagining, developing, and delivering high-calibre, multimedia marketing programs to engage and inform our travellers (B2C) and property owners/managers (B2B). We’re the dreamers and doers behind global and regional marketing campaigns, always-on editorial channels, and technical initiatives that include content automation and scalability. We seek the industry’s best storytellers, visual artists, and technical experts to grow and thrive with us as we tell the HomeAway story around the world.
Senior Front-End/UI Developer
We are looking for an experienced developer to implement digital assets (landing pages, emails, banners) created by the team’s designers. You will also work closely with the designers as a consultant on web technologies and feasibility of ideas. You will also be involved in problem solving, with the team. Coming up creative solutions to marketing’s requests. As the senior developer on the team, you are expected to share your wealth of experience with the other developers in the team and act as a mentor.
Online portfolio required to apply.
· Provide hands on technical leadership and participate in architectural decision-making
· Drive new features from inception to production, working across the company with product managers, UX designers and other stakeholders
· Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high performance code for a distributed SOA environment (our stack satisfies 10s of thousands of requests per second!)
· Work with QA, product management and operations in an agile environment
· Participate in our inner source culture (Internal Open Source) by delivering high quality code that levels up not only your team but the entire organization
· Conduct peer code reviews and act as a resource for the team’s developers
- You are a big idea thinker and can go beyond the executional or tactical tasks and come up with campaignable thoughts that work across all media.
- You have a sense of humour and thrive in collaborative environments.
· You can collaborate with Designers and Writers and not only bring their ideas to life, but enhance their ideas
· Extremely high level of experience developing reliable and modern Front-end web pages
· BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
· An analytical problem solver that is passionate about delivering a high-quality user experience
· Cross-browser development & compatibility experience
· Experience work Agile team operation
· Excellent communication skills with ability to work well cross-functionally across multiple department
· Experience with the following tech:
o Taskrunners (Gulp/Grunt)
o Templating engines (Handlebars/Jade)
o Pre-processors (SASS/LESS)
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top