Senior Financial Analyst - Marketing
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to be part of our Marketing Finance team at its headquarters in Austin, Texas. This team is a part of the worldwide Finance organization, and the role reports to the Senior Director, Marketing Finance based in Austin.
The Marketing Finance organization partners with the HomeAway Marketing and Retail organizations to maximize long-term and short-term ROAS (return on advertising spend). Marketing Finance is also responsible for developing reporting, analytical, and forecast capabilities to ensure proper resource allocation strategies and related business decisions that are in-line with company goals and objectives.
This role is charged with being a trusted business partner to the Marketing organization, this will include both the Integrated/Brand Marketing team and the Performance Marketing team. The SFA will provide financial support for all areas of the Marketing organization, working with other Finance and Accounting groups, and periodic liaising with the executive leadership team. This includes influencing and driving investment decisions through robust analysis, forecasting, and reporting, with a specific focus on understanding, formulating, and calculating the return on investment Marketing spend (including paid search, display advertising, and television).
Key areas of responsibility:
- Integrated/Brand and Performance Marketing return on investment - Build return profile analysis, reporting, and forecast models and tools from ‘scratch’
- Ad-hoc Financial modelling, analytics, and business case creation and evaluation
- Robust and deep financial planning, analysis, budgeting/forecasting, reporting – volume and spend
- Partner closely with Marketing, Finance, Business Analytics, and Data Science leaders, their teams, functional leaders, and business teams to ensure proper measurement, alignment and adherence to goals, and completion of key deliverables
- Utilize existing data warehouse(s) and influence future data marts including design, organization, and structure
- Proactively identify risk and opportunities and areas for marketing spend investment, constraint, or reallocation across the portfolio of regions, brands, and marketing channels
- Lead and influence other cross functional and Marketing team members
Requirements for success/Other qualifications:
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, or Business, with 8+ years of progressive, related experience
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Advanced modeling, reporting and forecasting skills with solid experience using Hyperion, Oracle, and Excel
- Experience dealing with abstract data and creating return profiles without significant historical data – includes statistical modeling/forecasting. Machine learning and SQL knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with Brand Marketing (TV, Radio, Digital), CRM programs, SEM (paid search), Display, and customer segmentation targeted marketing
- Proven experience analyzing large volumes of data-with an ability to synthesize it into trends, actionable recommendations, and executive level presentations
- A curious individual who is comfortable with and has a demonstrated ability to thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Ability to professionally interface with and influence Marketing staff/teams, including Marketing leadership (SVP)
- Ability to operate independently and to lead projects with limited oversight
- Sound judgement with the ability to influence and make both collaborative and independent decisions
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top