Senior Engineering Manager
When it comes to developing new customer experiences it’s critical that HomeAway is utilizing the best possible technology to accelerate our engineering efforts.
The Web Platform team exists to ensure our developers have all the tools they need to iteratively deliver beautiful experiences to our customers at a high velocity. We provide a suite of self-service tools to quickly generate components, applications and services that provide a seamless developer experience.
Our platform provides high availability, performance, a consistent developer and user experience, and last but not least integration of security best practices.
If the challenge of scaling the best technology to dozens of teams across HomeAway & Expedia sounds exciting, then this is the team fo you.
Tech our teams (currently) use: Node.js, hapi.js, React, GraphQL, Less, Node.js, Webpack, AWS, Docker, Kafka, Jenkins, Splunk, New Relic, Data Dog.
As the Senior Engineering Manager, you'll directly manage execution of the development process as well as provide needed career coaching. You’ll be at the forefront of the Web Platform, building the technology platform that powers the HomeAway customer experience.
What you’ll do:
- Present to our leadership teams on solutions and new ideas
- Work with technology leadership, architects, and engineering partners to deliver next generation software platforms
- Make bold decisions with your team to influence a new industry
- Research groundbreaking technologies to help accelerate new solutions for engineering teams
- Commit to vigilantly build the best team possible
- Take full ownership of success and failures
- Coach your team to be highly effective in an agile environment
- Showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences
Who You Are:
- 2-3+ years of managing a team of 5 or more engineers
- Hands-on abilities with Node.js, Client-side JS and modern frameworks (React, GraphQL, Webpack, hapi.js)
- Experience working with designers to engaging, pixel perfect UX.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work well across multiple departments
- A data driven scientific problem solver that is passionate about building highly scalable and resilient software.
- Agile software process development experience with focus on visible and continuous improvement.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top