Senior Director - Product Management
Are you a Product leader who is passionate about creating a great customer experience using data and technology? Are you excited about steering a broad product portfolio and leading a product team? HomeAway is a global company that has transformed the market and become the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace. We are building a suite of world-class products that delivers the right message, to the right customer, at the right time.
We are searching for a Senior Director of Product Management to lead a multinational team through definition and delivery of solutions that empower Growth Marketing. This role sets the product vision and portfolio roadmap based on close collaboration with Marketing, Engineering, Analytics and User Experience and Design. In particular, you will be a key player in driving HomeAway’s social strategy.
Based in London, this is a global role that exerts leadership not only in the Growth Marketing domain, but across HomeAway’s worldwide product organisation. The Senior Director will also interact extensively with HomeAway’s partners in the advertising industry, understanding new trends and capabilities and how these can benefit our business and our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of product managers based in London and Madrid.
- Work with the executive management team to get alignment on short and long-term business goals, define key objectives and measurable results.
- Based on business goals, drive the definition and planning of product features, and strategically evolve products via test and learn.
- Communicate product vision, status, results, issues to a variety of stakeholders.
- Keep pulse of related efforts in peer teams throughout HomeAway’s global organisation, within Expedia Group, and in partner-vendors in the industry.
- Engage in senior leadership responsibilities for the European business.
Who you are:
To be considered for the position, we would like to see that you can demonstrate meaningful and current expertise in e-Commerce product strategy, best practices in Agile method software development, and leadership on a global scale.
- You are an expert in Product Management with experience in e-Commerce.
- You have experience in building and managing a team of Product Managers.
- Demonstrable ability to develop product managers into product leaders who, in turn, successfully grow and develop teams.
- You have the thirst for curiosity and impact.
- Ability to hold self and others accountable for visibility and participation.
- Lead with humility and respect as a first principle.
- You will have a consistent track record of successfully managing an international team.
- A technical foundation that enables collaboration with development teams on everything from APIs to mobile apps to close-loop data tracking.
- Experience of working closely with Growth and Brand Marketing teams.
- Ability to collaborate closely with researchers, designers and analytics to drive product enhancements through AB testing
- Strong communication and presentation skill.
- Experience in the travel vertical is a plus.
What do we have to offer:
In addition to an attractive salary with annual targeted bonus, we offer regular social gatherings like our monthly “HomeAway Bar”, chill-out and lunch areas and a range of other benefits including:
- Free drinks, snacks/fruit and breakfast.
- Great healthcare scheme
- Target Annual Bonus
- 25 days Paid Vacation
- Regular company update talks with our C-Team
- Free Listing on HomeAway.com
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top