Senior Director, North America Marketing
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway is looking for a strong marketing leader passionate about the travel space, who is experienced at driving end to end integrated marketing campaigns and activating brands in North America. This role would manage a team of local marketers focused on building strong Go-To-Market plans for the US and developing an activation strategy ranging from events, to social media, to digital or guerrilla marketing all to engage our consumers and partner base. This role will also explore new potential partnerships and marketing tactics to pilot and scale for growth to build the business. They will work side by side with their regional business counter parts, brand, PR, creative services and key executive stakeholders to achieve major results in the US and Canada.
- Develop integrated multi-channel marketing plans targeting specific audience segments and destinations to achieve key business metrics and ROI
- Manage and grow a team of marketing experts to deliver best in class marketing strategy and tactics in North America
- Budget management and spend allocation for media mix based on country/brand revenue goals and market growth potential as well as strategic planning
- Activate our owners and partners to drive usage of the HomeAway platform and new listings
- Launch new and unique pilot marketing programs to explore new business opportunities in the region
- Evolve company events and sponsorship strategy in North America to bring the brand to life, engage new customers and current vacation rental suppliers
- Drive Brand Awareness and Consideration in the region including growth against competition
- 15+ years of experience in developing and leading multi-channel Consumer Marketing plans, Product launch and campaign strategy
- 10+ years of experience managing marketing organizations including events, social media, or product marketing teams
- A local marketing and audience expert, with experience driving Go-To-Market campaigns in the US and activation at a local city level
- Experience developing partner marketing strategy between various brands and co-marketing tactics between products
- Experience managing agency resources for marketing creative, design, and brand activation
- Ability to build customer focused merchandising and marketing roadmaps
- Deep understanding of all digital, offline, event and social marketing channels and new trends
- Ability to inspire others, motivate key stakeholders, and passion for having real impact.
- Passion for travel, marketing and new global trends in travel technology
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top