Senior Director, EU Sales and Supply
The Senior Director, EU Sales and Supply is responsible for leading account acquisition and account management teams within Europe, covering both business-to-consumer (For Rent by Owner, “FRBO”) and business-to-business (Property Manager, “PM”) segments.
The leader is responsible for achieving EU Gross Booking Value (GBV), revenue, supply and supply competitiveness goals across all EU key destinations.
The role will manage teams to acquire attractive inventory in high value destinations, develop strong partner relationships, and optimize supply for booking conversion, content, rates, and calendar availability.
- Directly lead and develop the EU Sales and Supply Management team, including both in-house and outsourced operations. Position reports to VP, Global Sales and will work closely to align the EU sales and supply efforts with the global sales and supply strategy and to develop a sales culture integrated into the overall global sales culture.
- Lead the Sales and Supply team’s transformation from achieving acquisition sales, retention, and upsell targets set at the Brand level, to achieving GBV, revenue, supply and supply competitiveness goals for Europe’s key destinations.
- Lead a strong operational (processes) and technical (systems and tools) integration with Marketing, in particular for the FRBO segment, to realize a CRM proposition where Sales and Supply execution is a component fully integrated into broader end to end Marketing and Sales campaigns.
- Ongoing optimization of staffing levels and sales processes to drive increasing productivity while achieving sales and supply targets.
- Manage the EU operating model across all sales teams including weekly, monthly, and quarterly updates, forecasts, action plans, and business reviews.
- Collaborate with VP, EMEA to ensure sales and supply initiatives are aligned with overall EMEA strategy, and with the Regional Directors (RD) to target sales and supply efforts on key destinations within the RD’s country of focus.
- Engage with partner departments including Customer Service (key account support), FP&A (sales forecasting/budgeting, headcount planning, and expense budgeting), HR (talent acquisition, talent management, and compensation planning), BD (partner channel operations), and Sales Ops (sales training, creation of offline sales budgets, reporting, and partner onboarding).
- Build the company profile with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, channel partners, etc.) and represent the company at key industry trade shows and events, in collaboration with Marketing.
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships by ensuring partner ROI and booking volume objectives are achieved through regular partner contact and engagement.
- Lead the execution of overall market business plans to meet or exceed KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by global sales and supply leadership
- Effectively manage working relationships, team's productivity and morale despite internal or external pressures.
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- 12-15 years' experience and college/university or Masters degree; degree in Hospitality, Tourism or Business Administration is a plus but not required
- Demonstrated success in leading large and distributed sales organizations through material change.
- Consistent track record of achieving performance targets, while developing the team to prepare for change needed to be successful in the quarters and years ahead.
Travel and Destinations Experience
- Deep knowledge of the travel industry, including key players, market trends, high level requirements and success factors from a supply perspective.
- Deep understanding of supply competitive dynamics at a destination level, and of operating and organizational models allowing control on destination performance.
Drive for Results
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, empathy in relationship, team player.
- Hungry, ambitious, motivated, action-oriented, results-focused and metrics-driven.
- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details.
- Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations
- Ability to multi-task effectively; must be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat.
- Ability to organize a complex organization for significant focus and process change linked to shifting from delivering on total supply goals, to fundamentally delivering on GBV goals supported by supply competitiveness goals by destination.
- Integrates change processes with organizational business plan.
- Coaches team members in behaviors for personal effectiveness, results orientation.
- Sincere relationship builder; earns the confidence of others.
- Bridges and sustains productive and long-term internal and external partnerships based on mutual support through a collaborative style.
- Outstanding analytical and strategic thinking skills, including demonstrated general problem- solving skills and an intense curiosity to identify trends and ensuing business needs.
- Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, data-driven decision making.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize work and be laser-focused on achieving a variety of KPIs (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by the VP, Global Sales.
- Ability to select and present insightful dataset including performance, market and competitor analysis and to implement meaningful action plans based on the data.
Written & Spoken Communication, Listening and Influencing
- Proficiency in English required, with proficiency in French, Spanish, German, and/or Italian preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels.
- Ability to identify the decision-making style of stakeholders in order to influence direction of decisions even when holding a position contrary to the majority.
Build & Maintain Teams
- Able to work independently as well as be a strong team player, always seeking to improve team and organizational performance.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach and mentor a diverse and geographically fragmented team, effectively managing performance and mobilizing team and resources to achieve or exceed set goals.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams successfully in a fast-paced team environment.
- Very competitive Salary and Benefits.
- Posting date : 30th of September 2016
- Please apply before the 30th of October 2016
Back to top