Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
The Global Creative Studio (GCS) is an international, multi-disciplinary group of creatives with a deep curiosity about the world and an undeniable passion for travel. As part of the Global Brand and Integrated Marketing team, we’re responsible for imagining,developing, and delivering high-caliber, multimedia marketing programs to engage and inform our travelers (B2C) and property owners/managers (B2B). We’re the dreamers and doers behind global and regional marketing campaigns,always-on editorial channels, and technical initiatives that include content automation and scalability. We seek the industry’s best storytellers, visual artists, and technical experts to grow and thrive with us as we tell the HomeAway story around the world.
HomeAway is looking for an Senior Designer to join, contribute, and work within the Global Creative Studio and help deliver award-winning, world-class creative.
Reporting to the Creative Design Manager, your primary focus will be to set the creative design direction through a hands-on approach for integrated marketing materials. This would include creating assets to be used within online and offline marketing campaigns and a variety of digital brand content. You will work alongside a team of Designers,Writers, Developers and Videographers to bring ideas to life. Along the way you will help set a high standard of online user experience, meeting deadlines and working within brand guidelines.
Online portfolio required to apply.
What you bring:
- You understand what it means to craft stories and know how those stories can build brands.
- You are a big idea thinker and can go beyond the executional or tactical tasks and come up with campaignable thoughts that work across all media.
- You recognize the importance of the fine details and your designs illustrates your obsession with those details.
- You’ve studied the principles of graphic design and can bend them to your will.
- You understand human-centered design and have empathy as you approach creative challenges.
- You are a creative problem solver and can evaluate a creative approach, brainstorm, and seek unexpected, original and innovative ideas.
- You have creative confidence, you think big and have the ability act on your ideas.
- You know the beauty that exists in simplicity.
- You are equal parts Art Director, Visual Designer and Idea Generator.
- You know constraints are inevitable, but can often drive innovation.
- You’ve failed, but you’ve learned from failure.
- You embrace ambiguity and love to explore different possibilities as you search for the right answer.
- You present your work in away that captivates your audience.You are optimistic and tend to focus on the ‘what could be’. To you, problems are simply solutions waiting to be found.
- You have a sense of humor and thrive in collaborative environments.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates originality, innovation and multi-disciplinary thinking.
- Advanced command of standard design and layout applications (e.g. Sketch, PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Strong art direction and design skills that work in film, print, web and social.
- Responsive design perspective with a mobile first mentality.
- Ability to process information supplied by client/strategy/account services and translate into visual ideas and executions.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate your creative process, thoughts, ideas and a point of view about your work.
- Production experience working with photographers, directors and vendors.
- Strong prioritisation skills.
- 5+ years of agency or related experience
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top