HomeAway.com, Inc. (an Expedia Brand) is the global leader in holiday rentals (HR). HR’s represent the second largest travel accommodation option, behind only traditional hotels and resorts. Further, they are the fastest growing segment within the travel accommodations industry. In the coming years, HomeAway aspires to hyper-charge HR industry growth by taking this category mainstream
About Global Creative Studio:
The Global Creative Studio (GCS) is an international, multi-disciplinary group of creatives with a deep curiosity about the world and an undeniable passion for travel. As part of the Global Brand and Integrated Marketing team, we’re responsible for imagining, developing, and delivering high-caliber, multimedia marketing programs to engage and inform our travellers (B2C) and property owners/managers (B2B). We’re the dreamers and doers behind global and regional marketing campaigns, always-on editorial channels, and technical initiatives that include content automation and scalability. We seek the industry’s best storytellers, visual artists, and technical experts to grow and thrive with us as we tell the HomeAway story around the world.
HomeAway is looking for an Senior Designer to join, contribute, and work within the Global Creative Studio and help deliver award-winning, world-class creative.
Reporting to the Creative Design Manager, your primary focus will be to set the creative design direction through a hands-on approach for integrated marketing materials. This would include creating assets to be used within online and offline marketing campaigns and a variety of digital brand content. You will work alongside a team of Designers, Writers, Developers and Videographers to bring ideas to life. Along the way you will help set a high standard of online user experience, meeting deadlines and working within brand guidelines.
Online portfolio required to apply.
What you bring:
· You understand what it means to craft stories and know how those stories can build brands.
- You are a big idea thinker and can go beyond the executional or tactical tasks and come up with campaignable thoughts that work across all media.
· You recognize the importance of the fine details and your designs illustrates your obsession with those details.
· You’ve studied the principles of graphic design and can bend them to your will.
· You understand human-centred design and have empathy as you approach creative challenges.
- You are a creative problem solver and can evaluate a creative approach, brainstorm, and seek unexpected, original and innovative ideas.
· You have creative confidence, you think big and have the ability act on your ideas.
· You know the beauty that exists in simplicity.
· You are equal parts Visual Designer and Idea Generator.
· You know constraints are inevitable, but can often drive innovation.
· You’ve failed, but you’ve learned from failure.
· You embrace ambiguity and love to explore different possibilities as you search for the right answer.
· You present your work in a way that captivates your audience.
· You are optimistic and tend to focus on the ‘what could be’. To you, problems are simply solutions waiting to be found.
· You have a sense of humour and thrive in collaborative environments.
· Strong portfolio that demonstrates originality, innovation and multi-disciplinary thinking.
· Advanced command of standard design and layout applications (e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
· Strong and design skills that work in film, print, web and social.
· Responsive design perspective with a mobile first mentality.
· Ability to process information supplied by client/strategy/account services and translate into visual ideas and executions.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate your creative process, thoughts, ideas and a point of view about your work.
· Strong prioritisation skills.
· Solid background of agency or related experience
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top