Senior Business Analyst, EMEA
The Sr Business Analyst, EMEA Retail is a critical role in implementingthe business objectives of HomeAway in the EMEA region.
This role will be responsible for developing, analyzing and drawing insightsfrom the core operating metrics for HomeAway’s business in EMEA, and will providedetailed planning and organization across multiple contributing areas, and supportthe implementation of our business initiatives on an end-to-end basis, fromkick-off until tangible business impact is delivered. The Sr Business Analyst will help developbusiness strategy and plan, contribute to budgets and forecasts, collaborate onaction plans, and coordinate and track progress on execution, with a focus one-commerce initiatives.
He or she will partner with our financial planning and businessanalytics teams as well as cross-functional team members (Product, ProductMarketing, Supply, etc.). This person’s work will have influence over almostevery major function of our business, and develop a very strong understandingof our marketplace’s main functions and performance drivers. He or she will have regular and frequentinteraction with senior leadership across the organization, and will maintainstrong alignment and partnerships with key departments and businesses to ensurethat the overall EMEA business is well planned, understood, communicated andeffectively executed.
The role will report directly to the Director, EMEA Strategy & eCommerce basedin London, UK.
· Develop budgets, forecasts, operational plans as well asmonitoring and tracking for the overall business performance and in support tospecific initiatives such as instant/Online Bookability, Merchant of Record, andPayments.
· Monitor progress towards achieving the operating metrics that driveour business objectives, and partner with functional teams (sales, marketing,product marketing, product) to ensure the successful implementation of criticalinitiatives.
· Provide regular reporting to the company on the business resultsand key drivers of metrics for EMEA’s business.
· Provide business analysis for key initiatives designed toachieve short-term financial goals and long-term business strategies. Developdetailed financial, planning and performance evaluation models for ongoing key businessdecisions and strategic options
· Develop data-driven insights that achieve higher levels oftraffic, booking conversion, new listing adoption, listing renewal, supplieradoption of key listing enhancements and monetization.
· Perform systematic industry research and analysis to highlightcategory trends and key competitive issues and opportunities
· Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
5-7+ years of experience required
· Exposure to strategy and/or E-commerce, preferably in Product,Marketing, Product Marketing or Business Intelligence
· Excellent analytical skills, including use of database tools,SQL,…
· Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
· Demonstrated track record of creative and structured approach toproblem solving.
· Proven excellence in program and project management.
· Ability to build effective relationships across a matrix offunctional teams
Key Behaviors for Success in the Role
· Ability to work both at the “30,000-feet” level for the overallbusiness, as well as the “ground” level to gather insights or drive execution
· Passion and tenacity for solving problems through creativity andresourcefulness
· Desire and ability to learn quickly
· Strong stakeholder management skills
· Quantitative analysis skills and quick understanding of sensitivitiesand trade-offs at play
· Direct and transparent approach to communication
· Comfortable dealing with uncertainty by creating structure andprioritizing effectively
· Ability to inspire and motivate resources outside your owninternal team
· Multiple EU languages spoken is a plus
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Will oversees several teams of developers, working with them in designing and building software solutions for successfully marketing HomeAway listings to customers.
Back to top