Senior BI Engineer
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1.2 million properties listed. We have over one billion visitors per year and serve more than one billion page views per month. As an enterprise Senior BI Engineer atHomeAway you'll play a role in designing a world class BI solution from the ground up and help drive our corporate reporting and visualization platform into the future. This effort will drive critical business decisions and support operations globally.
Our team is responsible for three primary functions,and you will be helping drive one or more of, and directly involved in all of these:
- Build and maintain a self-service layer that will enable all employees easy access for our core data elements in a simple,robust, and performant manner.
- Create analytic data products – standard analytic solutions that drive insights for the company, that are simple, creative,scalable, and reliable
- As the BI COE, establish and maintain standards for data, design and process for the company that ensure best in class BI and analytics while continuing to support the innovative and fluid culture ofHomeAway, as an organization, our goal is to create a single business intelligence data warehouse housing data from different feeds across marketing,sales, finance, e-commerce and many other areas. In order to do this, we are investigating enterprise solutions that will work best in our environment so exposure to multiple enterprise tools is essential.
- Participate in meetings with various stakeholders on a regular basis and understand their vision/roadmap
- Engage with the business, product and Engineering teams to understand their requirements and convert them to technical specifications whenever necessary
- Help with prototyping BI reporting solutions that are holistic (span multiple departments or Enterprise wide), simple, creative,scalable and reliable
- Evaluate new tools and technologies on a regular basis and make recommendations as necessary
- Mentor the reporting team on the industry standards, best practices and optimal solutions
- Collaborate in design reviews and code reviews to ensure standards are met
- Present the solutions to the stakeholders in a broader group setting
- 7+ years of strong hands-on experience in building end-to-end reporting solutions from ground up using multiple tools and technologies in a corporate setting
- 6+ years of experience using SQL
- Demonstrated experience operating at a very large scale (e.g. millions of listings, billions of visits, etc.)
- Significant hands-on experience with vendor and/or open-source tools to develop impressive reporting and visualization solutions that make data insights easily consumable
- Strong understanding of dimensional warehouse models- Experience working in large scale databases and performance optimization
- Familiarity with the newer tech stack
- big data, cloud, etc.
- Experience with BI data governance, standards and/or abstraction techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science,Engineering, or similar
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive Pay
- Target Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks Paid Vacation
- Employee Purchase Discount Plan
- Discounted vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free Listing on HomeAway.com
- Discounted Metro Bus & Rail pass
- Electronic adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
To understand the mission of HomeAway watch our ad by Prince EA, Working to Live or Living to Work, on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNRldP18bH8”"> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNRldP18bH8!
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top