Security Engineer - Cloud
HomeAway is looking for a motivated and eager Security Engineer-Cloud who has a strong background in development and Cloud Security. This role will be a part of the Global IT Security Team. The position will be implementing & supporting technologies which are critical for protecting systems in the cloud and on-premise boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and securing sensitive data. This is an excellent opportunity for a person with development, security and computer skills to gain invaluable career experience. The position has great growth potential within the Security Team.
- 5+ years of developing software with object-oriented languages like Python, Java, C++, or Ruby.
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment.
- Experience with test driven development.
- Experience with Cloud EC2, IAM, Cloud Formation, VPC, Security Groups, Cloud WAF, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible.
- Developing technical and security specifications for the targeted applications/workloads in the Cloud Services service catalog.
- Ensure secure migration methods are defined and followed to move workloads from On-Premises to defined cloud providers.
- Develop & build Security (both tools & processes) into the Cloud Services delivery standards.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- A commitment to security best practices. We’ll want your opinions on operational processes, DevOps, deployment checklists, and more. Must have a solution provider mindset
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
- Experience with cloud services, know the pitfalls and potential security problems with traditional cloud deployments. Know how to set up geographically redundant security services in the cloud.
- Extensive knowledge about APIs. Ability to design RESTful services and integrate with other data providers, and you know when to other programs such as JSON or XML.
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
- Work on improvements including the development of new tools and supporting assets.
- Participate on automation of incident prioritization, false positives identification, correlation, vulnerability remediation.
- Participate on interconnecting tools with sources contributing to security events and incidents – e.g. logs from servers, network and security devices, Vulnerability.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills leveraging all available resources
- Understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Strong scripting, coding and integration skills (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc).
- Strong experience with cloud security strategy, with a passion to make security realistic, achievable and interwoven with the business fabric;
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must understand various attack vectors and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of IT technologies and endpoint solutions related to Security.
- Interest in Security, Network and System Administration & Monitoring technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and resources.
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Willingness to learn and improve.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus
- Company stock (RSU's)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Back to top