Sales Operations Analyst
At HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company, we are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
The HomeAway Global Sales Operations team is looking for a technically skilled analyst to join our team. S/he will continue to raise the bar for the analytics function and utilize different methods of data mining and analysis to develop insights that can materially improve our business decisions, enhance sales rep productivity and improve our reports and dashboards creating cohesive and insightful information. This role requires an individual with excellent statistical and analytical abilities and a deep knowledge of data engineering. The successful candidate will be a key partner to various teams in the organization. They will use their outstanding business acumen to align on priorities and consult on key decisions.
• To be successful you'll need to thoroughly understand the business and be comfortable engaging with business leaders and team members in a global organization
• Capable to understand data architecture in a complex environment to deployed solutions on SQL and other tools to create DW tables
• Identify through analysis and data mining opportunities to improve sort algorithm to increase traveler conversion
• Define and help organize the upcoming A/B tests to be performed, resulting in constant improvement of our logic
• Specify and help prioritize requirements for coding enhancement of sort algorithm by engineering teams
• Develop complex mathematical models to predetermine supply and demand changes as well as opportunities for revenue maximization by market and product
• Monitor performance of sort system on a daily basis, and quickly identify areas of concern, propose analyses and/or corrective actions
• Define key business operating metrics and design and create related reports that show our success/failure in reaching related success metrics
• Partner with the Technology and Engineering groups to ensure continuous improvement of data collection and underlying data systems
• Define and monitor business KPIs on a daily basis to quickly identify areas of concern, propose analyses and/or take corrective actions
• Proactively engage with internal stakeholders to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities in a matrix environment
• Be a HomeAway data guru – be the point of contact for various business KPI data questions and insights.
• Collect and prioritize user stories for analysis and reporting, and design associated self-service data products to address these.
• Operate daily under the Scrum methodology. Participate in multiple scrums. Deliver weekly tasks within the agile methodology based on story points.
• Passion for number crunching and logical problem solving on intellectual challenges
• Ability to structure / work on exploratory problems, with innovating approach and creative solutions
• Ability to work independently and proactively, identifying issues and raising them to management, as well as offering potential solutions
• Strong business sense and strategy thinking
• Ability to build and present evidence based stories
• Must be comfortable with uncertainty. Flexibility to changing priorities and timelines is key
• Able to work with different business units, across multiple countries, to communicate findings and practices company-wide
• Must be fluent in English
• Advance MS SQL Server, Reporting, Server Analysis, Server Integration Services to create data modeling and extraction
• Advance Tableau visualization skills, data mergers and analysis
• Advance data Model-logical/physical, ado.Net Entity Framework
• Experiment design and analysis (ANOVA, Significance Testing, sampling, etc.)
• Intermediate knowledge in DTS, MS Visio, MS Access, FrontPage, Visual Basic 6.0, ERWIN, Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP/Server 2003, T-SQL, HTML, XML, Cognos Report
• Familiar with Oracle and DB2 Sources, Crystal Report, MSAS
• Advance Excel is required
• Database construction and architecture knowledge is required
• Advance Salesforce Reporting and Dashboarding knowledge
• Other data mining tools (BigQuery, Datameer, Hive, Hadoop, Python) is preferred but not required
• Capable to create and drive Operational KPI’s
• Advance, Statistics, data distributions, summary and aggregation method
• Experience building and maintaining Tableau dashboards
• Experience writing SQL queries
• 1-2 years experience building Salesforce reports and dashboards
• Must have proven prior experience with managing complex systems to drive business performance
• Knowledge of web industry environment (A/B testing, conversion funnel, traffic sources…) is preferred but not required
• Education Requirement: Masters Degree preferred in Data Science, Engineering, or Mathematics and Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent technical discipline required
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top