Sales Engineer, Europe
The Sales Engineer is a member of the HomeAway Sales Engineering team, part of Client Solutions, and works with our Property Manager (PM) and Property Management Software Company (PMSC) clients during pre-sale/pre-integration and post-sale/post-integration phases. The Sales Engineer also works closely with the Business Development, Integration Solutions, Pre-Implementation, and Implementation teams to ensure great service for our PM and PMSC clients.
- Work with Business Development and Engagement Management to ensure optimum systems setup for new and existing PMSCs; work with Sales and Engagement Management to provide the same for PM clients using proprietary software, including pre-sales support and recommendations, as well as post-integration client training
- Provide long-term technical relationship management for PMSCs, including regular contact to review upgrades, upcoming releases planned by the PMSC, and health of integration and processes; serve as technical relationship contact for PMSCs; coordinate plans and solutions with partner teams, such as Business Development and Tier 2 Integration Support, as needed
- Keep pulse on integration projects, serving as escalation point for Engagement Management team, if required
- Develop processes and systems to provide quick yet thorough responses to internal and external client requests and requirements
- Perform analysis and research to provide creative solutions to technical problems
- Work with Engagement Management team to help plan global capacity
- Gather product requirements from PMs and PMSCs globally and work closely with Product, Product Marketing, Pre-Implementation, Implementation, and Integration Solutions teams to ensure product is a great fit for customers; provide feedback as a technical resource for future integration strategies and long-range planning
- Previous Technical Account Management, Sales Engineering, or similar experience in a client-facing role
- Technical understanding of modern web integrations using XML, data transfer, data integrity and security, and payment and data processing compliancy good practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good organizational, process, and project management skills
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills; experience dealing with multiple international stakeholders, as well as clients
- A flexible, hands-on approach with strong initiative and motivation to work in a constantly changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering or applicable work experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Spanish and Italian.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top