Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Are you someone that loves working with data, building reports, solving challenges, and adding value through analysis? HomeAway is looking for a dynamic Sales Analyst on the Global Sales Operations team to dive in and provide expertise in our sales, customer, and operational data. Having a reporting and data-centric background will be critical in this position. Your expertise and insight will help increase sales performance and develop new data-driven sales strategies.
- Proactively utilize advanced technical skills to extract data from multiple sources & provide clear output for decision making
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining and the presentation of data to drive actions
- Provide data driven recommendations to sales leadership
- Identify report automation opportunities and proactively provide solutions
- Illustrate key business trends through effective data visualizations
- Present clear findings and insights via presentations and meetings to facilitate informed decision making for the senior sales leadership team
- Provide inputs such as user stories, metrics, & KPIs for data services requests to operationalize reporting and automate recurring analyses
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests for data and analysis
- Support questions from the sales team regarding report output &ensure data accuracy
- Work with multiple stakeholders to gain commitment on project requirements, timelines, and desired output while providing clear and frequent communication updates on project status
- Contribute new insights to ad-hoc analytics and modeling projects
- Maintain documentation on reports& queries while partnering with the team to drive consistency in data sources, metrics, best practices, and report value
Ideally, we are looking for:
- 5+ years in an analyst role (business, sales, data, systems, finance)
- Highly proficient in SQL, specifically for data extraction
- Expertise in report building & presentation development utilizing a BI application (Tableau preferred
- Experience with SalesForce.com
- Experience with data validation methodologies
- Strong analytical,conceptual, and problem-solving abilities paired with excellent communication skills
- Experience working within an agile/scrum framework
- Hadoop experience is highly desired
- Experience translating high-level directions into practical projects and lead/drive their completion with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Technical degree preferred ie: math, stats, finance, etc…)
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top