Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
As part of the Global HomeAway Finance team and Reporting to the European Revenue Controller, the position will be responsible for communicating with external customers and internal stakeholders to establish billing processes on the Merchant of Record Business; manage daily transactions and reconciliation aswell as resolve accounts receivable issues. The ideal candidate for this role has a strong interest in joining an entrepreneurial environment and positively contributing to the company’s operations.
The role will be responsible for the following:
- Leading the team that supports the Irish Payco through reporting of Cash, receivables and financial impacts of merchant of record activity. The position will be responsible for Monthly and Quarterly reporting deliverables to HomeAway Accounting, Tax, auditors and internal business partners.
- Communicating and explaining accounting variances and evolving Merchant of Record accounting impacts to the management team.
- Managing Dublin accounting team and ensure accurate and timely reconciliations and preparations of journal entries for both routine and complex Payco transactions for a global business as part of the month-end close process.
- Managing intercompany account reconciliations and analyze and resolve discrepancies
- Maintaining& developing a robust system of internal control to ensure integrity of Revenue and Deferred Revenue Reporting of the MOR business
- Managing controls over Cash received & Accounts Receivable for European brands
- Supporting development and testing of new reports in liaison with DBA / IT team
- Participating in the implementation of new processes and controls in a changing environment
- Liaising with Customer Services representatives to deal with exceptions/ payment anomalies
- Identify and coordinate debt recovery with Legal actions if necessary
- Identify opportunities for the enhancement of processes and internal controls to streamline and automate billing and collection activities across multiple business units and systems
The ideal candidate is a process oriented professional with experience in the billing and collections process, is able to effectively influence cross-functional teams, demonstrates strong initiative and ownership, has excellent management, project management and problem-solving skills and should meet the following requirements:
- Background in accounting with a BS in accounting or MBA, with 5-10 years of experience in accounting.
- General Accounting experience is as acceptable as well as existing Payco experience but a mix of both is preferred.
- 5 year of Management Experience
- Experience with Oracle, Salesforce preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Able to work remotely from Headquarter in a functional environment
- Previous experience in revenue recognition and accounts receivables
- English mother tongue (other EU languages a plus)
Personal skills & attributes
- Management Experience
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work on own initiative, problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Organized, detailed oriented