Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway has an exciting opportunity for a passionate, high energy entry level Revenue Accountant to handle revenue-related financial processes. HomeAway is an Expedia company that brings millions of families together with a whole house vacation rental experience. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1.2 million properties listed in 193 countries and have over one billion visitors per year.
To be successful, the candidate must be a motivated, hands-on individual that has the ability to work independently and provide advanced accounting expertise in support of the company’s revenue drivers and initiatives.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and enforce the Company's revenue recognition policy
- Ensure the proper accounting treatment for all product and service offerings is documented
- Assist with SOX process and controls to ensure compliance
- Manage monthly revenue accounting close efforts, including contract analysis, invoicing, journal entries, deferred revenue and accounts receivable reconciliations
- Ensure timely customer receivables collections and manage collections issues
- Research and resolve discrepancies with a focus on automation and process improvement
- Assist in providing data and analysis as required by management, and internal business partners
- Assist with financial statement preparation and financial analysis as required
- Assist in the quarterly and year-end audit process, actively working with external auditors to ensure that the interpretation of revenue recognition accounting standards is consistent and compliant with GAAP
- Special projects as assigned from time to time including technical research and new business initiatives research
- Be able to learn, adapt to and assist where needed in system implementations and upgrades
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years progressive experience either in corporate and/or public accounting
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working within a team as well as individually in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with tasks requiring organization, attention to detail, prioritization, time management and reconciliation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact cross functionally with all levels of management and across geographies
- Understanding of GAAP and ability to research technical accounting issues and provide appropriate recommendations
- Ability to understand the total scope of business while executing on tasks
- Experience in Oracle Financials, SalesForce, and BlackLine preferred
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top