Regional Sales Manager, Advertising
Stayz is looking for a dynamic and savvy online media sales professional to join our global advertising sales team. This role, based in Sydney and reporting to the VP, Global Advertising, will be directly responsible defining ANZ media sales tactics targeting advertising agencies, brand-direct and local tourist boards and executing successful negotiation of online advertising campaigns and co-marketing partnerships. The Regional Sales Manager will be required to meet individual revenue targets assigned both quarterly and annually.
The chosen candidate will leverage their broad and long-standing client-side and advertising agency relationships and executive cold-calling and networking skills to identify, prospect, develop and manage online media accounts and will pioneer and grow the Stayz online advertising value proposition in ANZ. This includes creating relevant advertising strategies to develop campaigns that meet different agency and client needs. The role is predominantly focused on display solutions (including Programmatic), but will increasingly encompass more customised, 'out of the box' and co-marketing opportunities.
The successful candidate must be aggressive, creative, and resourceful and must enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial environment. The role requires outstanding sales, communication, organization, and management skills as well as a passion for developing and maintaining relationships, and an exceptional understanding of digital media. The ability to navigate local and global senior level managemet and understand the political pressures of an organization to get to a positive decision is key to success. Must provide partners with a consultative sales experience.
Collaboration with multiple internal teams is key including working with Local ANZ Leadership, Global Ad Product, Local Product, Global Ad Operations and Local Partnerships and Marketing. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for overseeing the launch & on-going, day-to-day performance of advertising partnerships to ensure successful campaign delivery and performance.
- Develop strategic plans to hit or exceed individual target account and revenue goals
- Aggressively establish and grow client/advertising agency partnerships with detailed attention to client service
- Effectively communicate Stayz's value proposition, products, and partner relationships to current and prospective client accounts
- Understand client's strategic and tactical goals and deliver Stayz solutions to meet advertising needs
- Develop strategies for and manage online media partnership throughout ANZ
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, MBA a plus
- 7 - 10 years' digital ad sales experience
- Ability to drive the sales process from plan to close—including stakeholder identification, customer influence, relationship building, and closing
- An in-depth understanding of the travel industry landscape and trends
- A passion for the digital media industry including developing innovations in mobile, social, and programmatic channels
- Ability to interact with a broad set of businesses and presenting both over the phone and in person
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and good follow-through
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong consultative sales skills, personable, charismatic
- Teamwork skills essential; sense of humour required
- Ability to hit the ground running and close deals quickly – solid relationships already in place
Stayz is part of the HomeAway group and an Expedia Brand
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top