Regional Sales Advertising Executive
HomeAway, an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries with a global platform spanning across over 50 websites and 23 languages. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through an online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a dynamic and savvy online media sales professional to join our global advertising sales team as Regional Advertising Sales Executive. This role, based in Sydney and reporting to the VP, Global Advertising, will be directly responsible for defining ANZ media sales tactics targeting advertising agencies, brand-direct, local tourist boards and executing successful negotiation of online advertising campaigns and co-marketing partnerships. You will be responsible for meeting individual revenue targets assigned both quarterly and annually.
The chosen candidate will be creative, action and results orientated, enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial environment and possess a passion for developing and maintaining relationships. You will leverage their broad and long-standing client-side and advertising agency relationships and executive cold-calling and networking skills to identify, prospect, develop and manage online media accounts and will pioneer and grow the Stayz online advertising value proposition in ANZ. This includes creating relevant advertising strategies to develop campaigns that meet different agency and client needs. The role is predominantly focused on display solutions (including Programmatic), but will increasingly encompass more customised, 'out of the box' and co-marketing opportunities
- Develop strategic plans to hit or exceed individual target account and revenue goals
- Aggressively establish and grow client/advertising agency partnerships with detailed attention to client service
- Effectively communicate value proposition, products, and partner relationships to current and prospective client accounts
- Understand client's strategic and tactical goals and deliver Stayz solutions to meet advertising needs
- Develop strategies for and manage online media partnership throughout ANZ
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree, MBA is advantageous.
- 7 - 10 years' digital ad sales experience.
- Ability to drive the sales process from plan to close—including stakeholder identification, customer influence, relationship building, and closing.
- An in-depth understanding of the travel industry landscape and trends.
- A passion for the digital media industry including developing innovations in mobile, social and programmatic channels.
- Ability to interact with a broad set of businesses and presenting both over the phone and in person.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and good follow-through.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong consultative sales skills, personable, charismatic.
- Ability to hit the ground running and close deals quickly – solid relationships already in place.
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, empathy in relationships, team player and results/action-orientated.
Some of the perks working for HomeAway are:
- Stunning offices with 180-degree views of the harbour
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Great people and an awesome, unique culture where we celebrate our successes and take pride in our authenticity
- Be yourself with casual dress code
- Fully stocked kitchen with free drinks, free food and great coffee
- An active social committee who organise quarterly team social events e.g. Climbing the Harbour Bridge, Family Picnic Day.
- Opportunities for development within our global business in any of our 19 offices.
To find out more, check out:
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Will oversees several teams of developers, working with them in designing and building software solutions for successfully marketing HomeAway listings to customers.
Back to top