Regional Product Specialist
Regional Product Specialist France
Over the past 10 years, HomeAway has made an incredible journey from the vision of its founders to build one global marketplace for holiday rentals to becoming the global market leader with well over 1 million ‘whole’ houses. Working with us is all about inspiration, challenge, collaboration and having a say in what you do.We are part of Expedia Inc. and our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. HomeAway has the energy of a start-up, plus the stability of being part of the largest travel company in the world! Once you’re part of the family the career opportunities are endless.
We are looking to hire a talented & experienced Regional Product Specialist to join the French Trading desk.
This role will:
• Support Global Product in product localization and globalization, providing insight and also actually driving partnerships with local vendors;
• UAT and rollout planning for the region;
• Own site performance, troubleshoot/analyze funnel as regional expert, by tracking and monitoring key site KPIs and VOC;
• Support strategic initiatives that are required to improve site performance and differentiate HomeAway vs. our competition e.g. merchandising;
• Report to the Country Manager France with a dotted line to the Ecommerce Director Europe.
What will you do?
Performance Analysis and Reporting (30%)
- Track and monitor key site metrics (visitors, engagement, conversion, etc.) and operate an ongoing funnel analysis including customer dropout drivers
- Demonstrate understanding of key customer conversion drivers (UI, bugs,site features, etc.)
- Provide analytical leadership and input into business cases and requirements definition for new initiatives e.g. new LOBs/POSa
- Develop, present routine and ad hoc analytical reports focused on site performance, as well as prepare and distribute business performance reports
- Provide analytical support to business P&L reviews, including variance analysis and performance forecasting Performance Management and Initiatives (50%)
- Identify meaningful opportunities and challenges towards driving conversion rates, average transaction size and other success metrics, and develop/implement performance improvement plans as appropriate working closely with the Product team
- Partner with Global Supply, Marketing and Content organizations as needed when performance issues are linked to Supply, Traffic and/or Content issues
- Own managing quality of localization, engaging measurement, feedback andc orrective actions as needed
- Own UAT and rollout, including planning, execution, and post support External
Perspective and Competitive Strategy (20%)
- Ongoing tear-down of top local competitors: position, site, features
- Analyse NPS scores for Suppliers and Travelers on an ongoing basis, generate specific customer insights, highlight specific customer outstanding issues to relevant functions, maintain a running list of open unsolved issues with associated relevance/impact metrics
- Work with Marketing team to understand key drivers of customer satisfaction, including drivers of customer attrition, maintain content for customer facing FAQ's for business
- Coordinate with EMEA Customer Experience team to ensure pain points are addressed
What will you bring ?
- Technical university degree e.g. in engineering, computer science,mathematics or quantitative economics
- Passionate about the consumer and consumer advocate mind-set
- 4+ years of Ecommerce experience, including gathering business requirements and turning them into detailed functional design specifications
- Creative and innovative thinker with a “can do” attitude
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams to drive execution against project milestones and deliverables
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and very strong interpersonal and influencing skills (externally and internally at all levels)
- Analytical mind, demonstrated strong attention to detail, ability to analyse customer data and drive to insights
- Ability to think strategically, sequence and prioritize actions to drive business results
- Travel industry & online experience a plus
What do we offer?
We offer relaxed Dress Down;every day is Dress Down Friday, and different benefits:In addition to an attractive compensation plan we offer regular social gatherings, chill-out and lunch areas and a range of other benefits including free drinks, snacks/fruit and breakfast. You will work in a modern office environment as an integral part of a motivated team, supported by a Company with a desire to deliver exceptional service to our customers and outstanding business performance.
This permanent position can be based either in Paris or Marseille.
Back to top