Regional Product e-Commerce Specialist - France
HomeAway is looking for a talented Regional Product e-Commerce Specialist to join the South Europe local team being part of the EMEA Retail Organisation. Within this role you will be responsible of the product for HomeAway France brand. You can expect to analyse a variety of customer metrics, in order to know what the best products to deliver are, and how well the products in our portfolio are performing. Your job will generate an immediate business impact.
- Work closely with other local teams (Customer Experience, Partner Success, Legal) to get their insights on customer feedback (traveller & owners).
- Participate actively in meetings with the Global Product Team (located in London, UK, and in Austin, Texas, USA) to be up to date on the Global product roadmap & share with them insights on Parisian market specificities.
- Improve the local product (e.g. website & mobile app for both travellers & owners) through defect tracking, User Acceptance Testings, content improvement & product improvements in collaboration with Global Product Teams.
- Frequently review the site performance looking at metrics such as booking conversion to understand drivers of conversion & identify opportunities. You will do this using a funnel approach.
- Advise the South Europe Director and the EMEA Leadership on conversion performance and the best ways to improve it.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for the Product for your market. You will have the interest of our customers (travellers & owners) at heart while driving changes leading to conversion improvements in order to exceed customer needs and differentiate HomeAway from its competitors, and championing selected initiatives to deliver revenue and profit for the company.
Become a Product Expert for your market
- Examine traffic, browsing, and purchase behaviors, develop a deep understanding of the customer experience, and provide recommendations for action;
- Track and monitor key site metrics which impact conversion (Visitors, marketing mix, devices..) as well as product changes impacting conversion (New feature, bug..) using a funnel view;
- Develop and present routine and ad hoc analytical reports focusing on site performance, as well as prepare and distribute business performance reports for both local & EMEA audience;
- On-going tear-down of top local competitors to have phenomenal expertise on competitors products;
- Participate in the key Global Product Team meetings to stay up to date on latests product changes in the organisation and communicate it to local stakeholders (Regional Director, Marketing, Legal…);
Improve Product Performance
- Partner with the business leadership in Rome, Madrid and London to identify high-impact opportunities that use our extensive data to better serve our customers;
- Handle quality of localisation; engage measurement, feedback and corrective actions as needed;
- Communicate risks and opportunities in clear business and technical terms and provide clear messaging at a senior leadership and executive level in both planned and ad hoc scenarios;
- Translate complex analysis into a compelling narrative and insights;
- Support UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and UX (User Experience) to review product before and after rollout;
- Work with local Customer Experience & Partner Success teams to collect feedback on main pain points of our customers (travellers & partners) & prioritise them;
- Work with local translators to improve content when needed;
- Work with Marketing teams to help improving eCommerce education of our customers;
Improve Product in collaboration with Global Product teams
- Build a local pipeline of key product changes which would help driving up conversion;
- Build your visibility & relationships with Global Product stakeholders (located in Austin and in London);
- Review locally A/B tests ran by Product teams to ensure correct localisation;
- Build simple business cases using scientific approach (Hypothesis/Observations/Expected outcome) to persuade Global Product Manager to run new A/B test or product features;
Who are you?
- You have a university degree;
- You have years of E-commerce experience, including gathering business requirements and turning them into detailed functional design specifications;
- You have an analytical mind, demonstrate strong attention to detail, ability to analyse customer data and work towards insights;
- You have know-how of using basic Tableau/Excel/GA;
- Ability to think strategically, to sequence and to prioritize actions to drive business results;
- You are passionate about the consumer and have a consumer advocate mind-set;
- You are creative and innovative thinker with a “can do” attitude;
- Confirmed ability to work with cross-functional teams to drive execution against project achievements and deliverables;
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal), and very strong interpersonal and influencing skills (externally and internally at all levels);
- Travel industry & eCommerce experience a plus;
Who are we?
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1.2 million properties listed. We have millions of visitors to our site per year and serve more than one million-page views per month.
Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveller in the world through our online marketplace.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
For more information about HomeAway, please visit www.HomeAway.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in our team
Back to top