Regional Manager Japan
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
What you'll do:
You will be responsible for leading a team of Market Management professionals to meet and exceed the Japan performance targets for HomeAway.
This is a leadership position critical in the evolution of HomeAway in the region; you will nurture an enthusiastic team in a key market which presents challenging and exciting opportunities to accomplish unparalleled levels of growth.
- Achieve individual and team revenue, conversion and listing acquisition targets.
- Provide support, guidance and a point of escalation to the team.
- Manage and coach a team of few to several people to exceed team goals.
- Conduct regular one-on-ones, performance appraisals and execute professional development plans.
- Conduct daily/weekly meetings with the team as needed.
- Develop, propose, and execute strategy for HomeAway Japan Partner Success.
- Develop relationship with various internal stakeholders and colleagues both within and outside of Partner Success overseas.
- Access business information systems and use data to make informed and intelligent decisions. Coach team in the use of data.
- Engage and develop relationship with key property managers and owners.
- Develop relationship and drive partnership with relevant 3rd party companies, government associations, and DMOs as appropriate.
- Present in seminars with audience of various sizes to represent HomeAway.
- Maintain industry knowledge relating to the holiday rental market and identify opportunities as and when they arise.
- Suggests improvements to existing sale/account management processes.
- Collaborate closely with the retail team in Japan.
- Other duties as may be reasonably required.
Who you are:
- Minimum 4 years of demonstrated sales leadership experience with a small team, preferably for an online or travel-related company.
- Experience of leading a team is essential
- High level of presentation and negotiation skills, both in Japanese and English
- Good understanding of e-commerce is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce or similar Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- High standards of computer literacy and keyboarding skills. Experience with business support software applications such as MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce or Tourism at Bachelor level or equivalent is desirable.
- Proven ability to plan, identify and develop strong prospects and convert these into profitable new business.
- Domestic travel required.
- Occasional overseas travel required.
What we offer:
- Relaxed dress code so you can be yourself.
- Employee insurance, benefits and pension.
- Spectacular modern offices with 360 degree views of Central Tokyo, Roppongi Hills, Tokyo Tower and Mount Fuji.
- Fully stocked kitchen with free vending machines offering drinks, fruit, free food and good coffee.
- An active social committee who organizes quarterly team social events.
- Great people and an awesome, open culture where we celebrate our successes and take pride in our authenticity!
- Sharing the same space as the entire Expedia Japan group, you will get to mingle with an extremely diverse and talented group of people.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To find out more, check out:
Back to top