Regional Manager Affiliate Partnerships - APAC
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
As a part of that family, HomeAway Asia is a rapidly expanding business unit focused on emerging markets growth, while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway Asia in Singapore is looking for a Regional Manager Affiliate Partnerships – APAC to grow our team and expand our business-to-business (B2B) distribution channels in Asia-Pacific. Your ability to recruit, train and manage a team of account managers in your region combined with your experienced sales and communication skills and convincing analytical abilities to close deals with prospects of strategic importance, will allow you to build a strong affiliate marketing presence with new and existing partners.
You can expect a dynamic environment that nurtures and challenges, while providing valuable career-building experience. The role is ideal for a highly motivated, can-do attitude individual who can network and establish relationships, both internally and externally, influence decision makers at all levels and wishes to immerse themselves into the commercial dynamics of a successful company. You will learn how to work in a professional environment, with ample opportunity to be exposed to new tools, skills, and different departments across our entire business.
This role reports to the Director Global Affiliates & Strategic Partnerships
Team Management and Business Development:
- Monitor, research, and report findings on market developments in your region
- Identify affiliate partnership opportunities per country in your region and build the team accordingly
- Create job descriptions, conduct interviews, and recruit new team members in agreement with the Global Director
- Research and segment business opportunities with prospects/partners in your region who generate qualified traffic and/or who have a strong brand
- Proactively grow and manage your own and the team’s sales pipeline;
- Educate, train, guide and support your team members to develop them into successful account managers
- Identify top talents in your team and support them in their career development to become future leaders
Key Account management:
- Build and maintain a professional network with partners of strategic importance
- Manage all steps in the sales process, leading up to finalizing distribution deals (i.e. prospecting, contacting, planning/attending meetings, contracting, integrating, optimizing business outcome, and maintaining close relationships with our partners)
- Establish an understanding of the business objectives of these partners and match these with our range of services to create and maximize new business opportunities
- Negotiate and close deals in accordance with the HomeAway.com contract guidelines and policies
- ttend travel conferences in in your region to increase your network and the promote HomeAway.com brand
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven track-record in building and developing high-performing teams
- Team leadership experience, with ability to influence all levels of management in a matrix organized, global company
- In-depth understanding of cultural nuances across the APAC region and ability to adapt your business style accordingly
- Native/Fluent in English in written and spoken, other language skills are preferred
- Minimum 8 years’ relevant work experience in sales and online travel
- Excellent knowledge of the (online) travel industry- Business, marketing or other relevant (academic) degree
- Commercial focus, sales driven, results oriented and a client relationships manager
- Creative, persistent, and outgoing personality, eager to learn
- Proactive, positive, and self-motivated with ability to work without close supervision
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and reporting skills
- Superior analytical skills, using data to identify underlying trends and make informed commercial decisions
- Ability to operate both independently and in a team to manage to objectives and company’s goals
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing market environment
- Solution-based approach to sales with a good understanding of technology
- Strong customer focus and relationship-building skills
- Approximately 30% travel, as partners are based across APAC
To find out more, check out:
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top