Program Manager, Financial Planning
Program Manager, Financial Planning
Have you imagined an opportunity where you could leverage your passion for financial analytics, systems and projects? HomeAway, a member of the Expedia family of brands, is seeking a Program Manager, Financial Planning to lead initiatives impacting HomeAway’s multiple Financial Planning teams and to own and define the strategy, road map and execution for tools used by those teams. This is an emerging role and the Program Manager, Financial Planning will be a member of the Financial Operations team reporting to the Senior Director of Financial Operations and Integration. This role will interact regularly with members of Financial Planning teams, Analytics, and IT, including leadership. This role will be primarily responsible for ensuring successful integration of projects impacting Financial Planning teams and driving process improvements, data integrity and scale in our non-Oracle systems used by Finance.
Success depends upon your ability to understand the types of analytics financial planning teams require and how process and technology (both upstream and downstream) can enable insight and efficiency. You understand how the business works, how the finance team reports and plans the business and why. You’re curious; you ask questions. You leverage resources to find your own answers while you seek expertise from others. You are able to simplify complex problems and complex models to uncover opportunity, be that scale or efficiency. You skew towards automation but know sometimes a simple Excel model is the right solution. You are able to quickly identify impacts on planning systems stemming from product, business or other finance initiatives. You achieve goals in spite of barriers or complexities by breaking down problems or seeking alternatives. You bring a strong customer service mindset which will benefit you as you partner with senior leadership to craft a vision and groom Finance’s portions of product backlog across multiple technology teams. You are successful communicating with both technical and financial team-members and gaining commitment in light of trade offs and shifting priorities. You are extremely comfortable navigating through large excel files or data sets as well creating process flows, visualizations or summaries. You have a strong aptitude for learning and are capable of quickly grasping complex concepts and summarizing key points and considerations.
You bring at least 10 years of professional experience, with approximately 3 of those years in an FP&A capacity and approximately 7 years in a financial system or financial product capacity. You have a track record of leading complex enterprise level projects like a Hyperion or SAP migration or implementation successfully. You have experience documenting requirements and user stories and partnering with technical teams to define actions and tasks. You have defined user acceptance testing and deployment plans. You have crafted road maps and presented to all levels of an organization. You have experiencing working with Agile development teams and have used tools like JIRA for creating and managing backlogs. As an individual contributor your portfolio of accomplishments demonstrates project management rigor as well as impeccable planning, organizing and communication.
- Be the primary Finance liaison for assigned initiatives; create project plans; identify project tasks, milestones, dependencies, and owners. Manage self and teammates to plans; update as factors change, creatively source alternatives, and understand root cause of changes.
- Represent and balance multiple Financial Planning teams at key meetings, demos and working sessions; perform, own and drive Finance follow-ups and clear communications to business and finance partners; engage subject matter experts as appropriate.
- Understand key planning team processes and tools and identify opportunities to optimize via discovery conversations, process-engineering, bench marking or market research. Create resulting prioritized road maps, business requirements, user stories and test plans to support improvements; partner with IT on technical requirements and implications as applicable.
- Build partnerships with data source owners to improve quality of data consumed by the FP&A team and to improve the overall change management and communication process. Collaboratively determine the scope and expectations of partnerships so that collective needs can be met.
- Collaborate with the teams to ensure projects are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality
- Create the process and means for educating and training the FP&A team on key data sources, systems, processes and resources. Understand how the FP&A team uses and consume data for forecasting purposes and serve as a tier 1 level resource for identifying impacts to the FP&A if data sources or definitions change.
⁃ Great Medical & Dental Plans
⁃ Competitive Salary
⁃ Target Annual Bonus
⁃ Employee Stock Purchase Plan
⁃ 4-weeks Paid Vacation
- Discounted Vacation Rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
⁃ 401(k) matching
⁃ Free snacks and beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top