Product Support Specialist
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
You have a knack for solving logic puzzles. You are a keen problem-solver who enjoys helping others resolve complex issues. You are looking for a meaningful career in a customer-focused team environment, where you get to use your extraordinary problem-solving and research skills to help others. We have what you’re looking for!
As a Support Specialist for HomeAway Software, you will provide world-class support for professional property managers who operate their vacation rental businesses using our SaaS products. Our SaaS products provide our customers with the tools they need in order to perform day-to-day operations, everything from accounting, to handling bookings, running websites, housekeeping and much more.
Do you love making customers happy? As the first line of support for our customers, our mission is to delight our clients by responding quickly and effectively to their questions and issues using all available resources to, not only fix their problems, but train them to get maximum value from our products, and by advocating for them as we continue to develop and improve our products. We are invested in their success.
If you are a customer-focused and a self-starter, with excellent communication and listening skills, and you have a passion for helping people solve problems, while maintaining high customer satisfaction, we want to talk with you!
Responsibilities (Including but Not Limited To):
- Troubleshoot customer problems and answer questions via phone and e-mail
- Maintain 48 hour Service Level Agreement
- Own customer issues from start to finish
- Clear and concise communication
- Craft knowledge base articles as necessary
- Work with internal teams, coordinating and communicating in order to resolve customer issues
- 2+ years of customer service or product support experience, SaaS preferred
- Familiar with: Windows, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks as you go
- Experience with small computer networks, firewalls, and antivirus software a plus
- Familiarity with QuickBooks or with basic accounting principles a plus
- Build Customer Loyalty: Effectively meet customer needs; build productive customer relationships; take responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media in a manner that helps our customers understand and retain the message.
- Resilience: Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handle stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Quality / Attention to Detail: Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Time Management: Effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- 8 hour days, 5 days a week. Shifts are 7am - 3:30 pm PST, and 8:30 am - 5 pm PST
- Occasional on-call
- Possible travel
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Will oversees several teams of developers, working with them in designing and building software solutions for successfully marketing HomeAway listings to customers.
Back to top