Product Support Specialist
The Product Support Specialist is responsible for providing world class support for HomeAway’s Glad to Have You product line. The role provides support and training through phone, SalesForce, email, and WebEx. We are seeking someone who enjoys solving problems for other people, has a strong technical background (we will provide training on our products and services), and can explain complex ideas and concepts in a clear, simple manner.
- Provide front-line support for professional property managers on our hospitality management tools/modules.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge on Glad to Have You product(s).
- Educate users in all functions and features of our product line.
- Help analyze and identify issue severity levels and follow appropriate escalation procedures.
- Meet agreed upon and expected service levels for case completion.
- Troubleshoot customer problems and answer questions via phone and e-mail.
- Log customer interactions and requests in SalesForce.
- Be the customer’s primary point of contact through resolution, and delight the customer throughout that process.
- Advocate for the customer(s).
- Work with internal teams, coordinating and communicating in order to resolve customer issues.
- Prioritize tasks and maintain the ability to work independently.
- Collaborate with peers to complete team projects in a timely fashion.
- 2+ years of technical support experience, SaaS software preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows OS.
- Proficiency in Google Drive, Microsoft Excel/Google Spreadsheet, Microsoft Outlook/O365, and Powerpoint.
- Experience with SalesForce (CRM) is a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian products is a plus. (JIRA & Confluence)
- Experience troubleshooting software integrations and API issues is a plus.
- Experience with browser technologies including a thorough understanding of cookies, security controls, extensions and add-ons for Google Chrome.
- Able to understand, modify, and troubleshoot customer data configurations and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of HTML, XML and JSON are a plus.
- Familiarity with the vacation rental industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of smartphone applications is a plus.
Education & Certifications:
- Four years of high school or equivalent.
- College degree preferred but not required.
Hours/ Shift Information:
- Initial hours during training period will be Mon-Fri 8AM to 5PM.
- After training is complete, permanent work shift will be: Monday - Friday 8AM - 5 PM. *9AM - 6PM shifts may be required.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive Pay
- Target Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks Paid Vacation
- Employee Purchase Discount Plan
- Discounted vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free Listing on HomeAway.com
- Discounted Metro Bus & Rail pass
- Electronic adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top