Product Operations Specialist, Marketplace Design
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
The Marketplace Design team at HomeAway is growing fast and we have an exciting opportunity for a Product Operations Specialist to make a big impact. In this role, you will drive operational excellence and be actively involved in the coordination and management of geographically distributed teams that are passionate about creating a premier marketplace. In order to enable this growth we are looking to strengthen processes and frameworks within our team structure to enable smooth delivery.
The Product Operations specialist will play an integral part in developing, leading and executing a communication framework within the Marketplace Design team. We are looking for a professional who is laser focused on execution and building, capable of understanding the big picture and capable of working collaboratively with cross-functional and geographically diverse teams. You will be a creative problem solver, passionate about superb performance through operational excellence and experienced program manager.
- Provide program management and operational support in driving the cross-functional and cross-regional teams for the Marketplace Design team.
- Plan and execute Product team planning sessions, working with partners across the organization in order to capture priorities from the entire business
- Drive coordination between product, engineering and design teams
- Provide project management for product-related projects (lead meetings, manage project plans/critical path achievements, resolve/escalate issues and risks, report progress, drive project execution)
- Drive execution and operational planning for Marketplace Design focused programs
- Reporting, prioritizing, and capacity planning
- Monthly group reporting – test velocity, product road-map, quarterly town halls
- 2-3 years of combined experience in program/project management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related area, or equivalent industry experience
- Extraordinary organizational skills, ability to plan, coordinate and execute organizational meeting
- High attention to detail and quality for all work products
- Ability to communicate persuasively, build strong-relationships, and collaborate with team members.
- You are motivated, flexible, and focused with excellent project management and communication skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Will oversees several teams of developers, working with them in designing and building software solutions for successfully marketing HomeAway listings to customers.
Back to top