Product Manager, Global Advertising
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we'recommitted to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway’s Global Advertising team is looking for an analytical, entrepreneurial, and creative Product Manager to help us grow our media business globally by delighting brands and travelers with innovative advertising solutions. The position requires working closely with key stakeholders across various lines of business within HomeAway to identify new revenue strategies and new advertising opportunities. Your work will have an emphasis on branded advertising product with context and relevancy as core values. Overarching goal is to partner with premium brands to inspire users to explore and discover travel destinations and create the best overall vacation rental experience. You will need to be able to produce and defend the business case for media placements, and discover and champion advertising products that deliver results. To succeed, you must operate successfully and independently in an ambiguous environment and be a strong product thinker.
Collaboration is a “must-have” and is critical to the team’s success. The role is inherently cross-functional. You will work closely with advertising sales, marketing, partnerships, core product,engineering, yield, operations and creative services. You will need to balance multiple competing priorities as you work to negotiate successful outcomes for all parties involved. The successful candidate will be highly analytical and resourceful, able to use creative problem-solving skills to move quickly from ideation to implementation and/or resolution. You will need to demonstrate a bias to action, and the ability to juggle many small projects successfully, maintaining a view of the Global Advertising business while managing toward the strategic principles of the company at large.
- Partner with sales, marketing, and line of business owners to support and grow media revenues from our new and existing portfolio of products and placements
- Identify new opportunities and work with product and business stakeholders to come up with creative and mutually beneficial solutions to business problems
- Actively provide sales with the product support required to win new business and know how to turn sales requests into sell able products that simultaneously enhance the customer experience
- Engage with engineering teams in multiple time zones to plan and deploy products
- Actively manage A/B testing and deliver progressive results
- Manage multiple projects and details without losing site of the ‘big picture’
- Be a tireless advocate for Global Advertising interests in every interaction throughout the organization while mindful of broader company values.
- Be self-directed and able to move forward in a fast-paced, where processes and procedures are not always completely documented
Skills and Requirements:
- Relevant work experience in online advertising,business management and/or product development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of interacting across all levels of the organization and with external partners including working across time zones with teams in both India and the United States
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with a demonstrated ability to use numbers and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes; experience with financial modeling and statistics is a plus
- Proven ability to work with multiple internal organizations requiring clear communication, evangelism and compromise
- Experience working directly with sales,engineering, creative services, and ad operations teams
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment across various teams and time zones, with a strong bias for action
- Superb verbal and written communication skills,capable of interacting across all levels of the organization and with external partners
- Understanding of media buying/planning cycles and Internet ad serving systems (Double click a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top