Product Manager, Checkout Services
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway’s ecommerce platforms provide a foundation for our business that supports the largest vacation rental marketplace in the world. We are seeking a Product Manager for our ecommerce team that manages web-based consumer checkout solutions. In this leadership role, you will drive solution strategy and execution as we evolve our ecommerce capabilities to create a competitive advantage in our global marketplace. You will draw on your industry expertise to increase the effectiveness of existing solutions, and help build new solutions to drive global capabilities, scale and efficiency.
As a part of the Product Management team, you must possess a unique blend of business acumen and technical skills to translate business stakeholder problems into actionable business capability roadmaps and other supporting documentation that deliver on your big picture vision. You will serve as a product expert, combining industry analysis and end-user feedback to manage the overall product lifecycle; setting the strategic vision, publishing roadmaps, defining requirements, collaborating with Engineering and managing a set of projects across the full development lifecycle. You will be empowered to design, implement, refine and deploy new platforms and features that our customers love.
- Manage the portfolio lifecycle and solutions from strategic planning to end-user adoption
- Manage a set of projects across the full software development life cycle; execution, status reporting and coordination against project plans and delivery commitments
- Relate policies and complex process into product capability to support the portfolio vision and roadmap
- Conduct market research, identify potential commercially available solutions, and manage existing and new vendor relationships
- Meet frequently with product, engineering and business stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their business process and needs
- Developing product requirements, user stories and feature requirements to maintain the product backlog of priorities in close collaboration with engineering, operations, and business leaders
- Creating roadmaps and specifying business and technical requirements by facilitating on-going interaction with business stakeholders, Engineering and other product owners
- Collaborate with the Engineering teams to ensure projects are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including User Experience & Design to optimize conversion
- Participate in cross-functional operating teams to deliver solutions and manage enhancement requests
- Manage resolution of urgent technical issues while communicating changes to business stakeholders
- Work with the Business Intelligence and Finance teams to deliver accurate reporting on key operating and financial metrics
- Work with the Executive management team to ensure they are fully engaged in strategic and tactical planning decisions
- 3+ years of Product Management experience in a high-tech company, preferably a B2C ecommerce environment
- 2+ years of experience leading software development projects with aggressive schedules
- Experience building web-based applications in AWS or other cloud-based technologies strongly preferred
- Deep expertise in transactional systems that support global ecommerce (point-of-sale, consumer billing, order management, etc.)
- Talent and passion for navigating the complexities of global commerce to better serve customers
- Proven track record managing multiple, ongoing complex projects and implementation of web-based applications, while delivering on schedule
- High level of initiative and desire to create a world-class experience for customers
- Demonstrated expertise in global electronic payment methods and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated experience operating as the Product Owner within an agile environment
- Experience converting market requirements and customer specifications into prioritized backlogs of requirements, user stories and tasks
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts to highly technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Comfortable presenting to large internal groups and C-level executives
- Full product lifecycle management experience, including user acceptance testing, launch, and end of life processes
- Ability to identify, evaluate, track and mitigate issues and risks. Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
- BA/BS required, preferably in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or related fields (applicable experience may be substituted)
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top