Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1 million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. As for engineering, we solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies. Our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas. As for the analytics group, we enable product stakeholders with relevant strategic and operational recommendations to make better decisions. Our culture is one that strives to solve difficult problems through product engineering, backed by rigorous hypothesis-based testing, empowering people to come up with ideas and data-driven solutions quickly.
Do you love analysis? Really love analysis? How about vacations, do you love vacations too? Want a job where you can swipe right for both analysis and vacations? If so, then HomeAway has a Product Analyst role for you! The Product Analyst is someone who is passionate about learning business and leveraging data, technology and analytics to provide valuable data insights to drive the company’s critical business decisions.
- Partner with product managers and internal teams to address complex business questions and provide insightful analysis and strategic recommendations through strong storytelling capabilities to both
technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Be a HomeAway data guru; be the point of contact for all data questions and insights.
- Turn data-based observations and insights into hypotheses through analytical rigor, leading to A/B tests that will confirm or deny those hypotheses and ultimately improve the performance of our sites.
- Monitor engagement and conversion trends across the HomeAway worldwide network, identify breaks in trends, understand underlying drivers, and surface opportunities and threats.
- Develop product analysis advanced metrics and visuals, by collecting and integrating data from various sources, including web analytics tools and internal databases.
- Participate to the Product Line Team weekly meeting to ensure insight-based decision making.
- Be proactive in solving business questions that data could potentially answer by producing top down data driven solutions to address them.
- Strong product development mindset and focus on actionable analytics: e.g. Ability to surface signals in our data and work with Product/Engineering to transform these into concrete tests.
- Demonstrated experience of using relational databases and big data via writing performant queries in SQL against multi-terabyte and billion row datasets in EDW and Hadoop environments.
- Understanding of Clickstream data and ability to extract and analyze event data with raw BigQuery or Google Analytics User Interface.
- Innovative, global thinker and team player.
- Strong SQL skills are required (MSSL, BQ, Hive).
- Strong skills in Tableau, R, or Datameer required for data analysis, structuring, transforming and visualizing.
- Statistical knowledge and modeling is an added bonus.
Background and Experience:
- Bachelor's in an analytical field (e.g. Marketing Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics) and 5+ years of experience OR Master of Science in an analytical field (e.g. Marketing Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics) and 3+ years of experience.
- Ability to work independently with high-level direction, willingness to engage with partners across many disciplines.
- Proficient at analyzing and interpreting data to the point of being comfortable to mentor other analysts from other internal teams.
- Consistent ability to produce quality, accurate and highly detailed work products.
- Experience in a relevant area – travel, ecommerce, or real estate is a strong plus.
- Inquisitive and curious minds only need to apply.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus
- Company stock (RSUs)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Free vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Back to top