Principal Technical Product Manager, Marketing Platforms and Automation
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
We are seeking a TechnicalProduct Manager to join our team that manages marketing technologies and programmatic data automation that optimizes acquisition of visitors through performance marketing channels.
In this leadership role, you will define solution approaches while managing agile software development practices as we evolve our marketing infrastructure to create a competitive advantage in our marketplace.
You will be asked to draw on your industry expertise and agile skills to increase the effectiveness of existing solutions while innovating new technical approaches to drive marketing scale and efficiency. Working within our team requires a unique blend of business acumen and technical skills. The Technical Product Management role is a multidisciplinary role focused on partnering with engineering and internal marketing teams to define requirements and drive roadmap execution. In addition, you will have the leadership aptitude and ability to facilitate agile best practices in a matrix environment. You will serve as a product expert, combining industry analysis and stakeholder feedback to manage the overall product lifecycle; setting strategic vision, publishing roadmaps, defining requirements, and collaborating with Engineering to deliver solutions that your internal customers solve.
- Meet frequently with product, marketing, engineering and business stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their business process and needs.
- Developing product requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria to maintain the product backlog of priorities in close collaboration with engineering, marketing, and business leaders.
- Collaborate with engineering and marketing teams to establish solution strategy, priorities, brainstorming approaches, managing deliverables and validating solutions to ensure projects are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality.
- Manage the agile processes including release planning, sprint planning, stand ups, sprint demos and retrospectives.
- Monitor the team’s development velocity and facilitate the resolution of risks and blockers.
- Lead communication and solution delivery across cross-functional operating teams.
- Communicate status, risks with resolution plan, upcoming milestones, and recent releases to leadership teams to keep senior management informed.
- Building prototypes and demonstrating capabilities to communicate new solution capabilities.
- 5+ years of TechnicalProduct Management, Program/Project Management and/or Scrum Master experience in a high-tech company, preferably in a B2C ecommerce environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing processes, marketing technologies, and integration approaches within performance marketing channels.
- Experience working with 3rd party display ad, social media, paid search (Google AdWords), attribution and email platforms.
- Knowledge and understanding of applying data science to implement programmatic marketing solutions.
- Able to manage multiple,ongoing, complex development projects while delivering on schedule.
- Demonstrated experience driving agile software development with engineering, quality assurance, and functional teams.
- Full product life-cycle management experience, including user acceptance testing, launch, and end of life processes.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, with strict attention to accuracy and detail.
- Strong communication and presentation skills across technical and non-technical teams.
- Ability to lead teams through issue resolution and risk management.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts to highly engineering and non-engineering stakeholder.
- Scrum Master experience in a fast-paced software development environment.
- 5+ years of experience usingSQL or no-SQL technologies.
- BA/BS required preferably inComputer InformationSystems, Business Administration, or related fields(applicable experience maybe substituted).
- Experience with complex information architecture and cloud based architectures a plus
- Experience integrating and supporting Sizmek, Kenshoo, Criteo, Visual IQ or Google AdWords/RLSA a plus.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress code
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top