Principal Data Engineer
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website with over two million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. As for engineering, we solve problems of scale and work on state of the art and open-source technologies. Our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas.
Are you passionate about turning clickstream data into actionable insights for the company? Can you design and develop next generation real-time data pipelines and self-service analytics around event streams? Do you love to solve challenging problems at speed and scale? You want to work for a company that is product centric and data driven? You want to be part of culture that fosters test & learn and OneTeam approach across the company? If so, this opportunity is a great fit for you.
So are you ready to help us lay down the foundation for all Cloud data solutions to come?
What You'll Do:
- Drive technical design and development around real-time data analytics.
- Lead data analytics initiative in a multi-functional matrixed environment.
- Design cloud data analytics platform & enable self-service tools to democratize data.
- Manage expectations and deliverables across various teams in a dynamic environment.
- Audience focused (C-team, Engineers, Leaders etc.) communications with influence and clarity.
- Mentor and Develop data Engineering teams on newer technologies.
- Experience building data pipelines and analytics systems on distributed data systems and Cloud, on a large scale in an e-commerce company.
- Experience with Java, Scala, Python etc.
- Experience building batch, real-time and streaming analytics pipelines with data from event data streams, NoSQL and APIs.
- Experience with batch & stream processing technologies such Spark, KStreams, Samza etc.
- Experience with Kafka pipelines
- Solid experience in Clickstream domain (tracking libraries, server side logging, canonical event model, data & self-service analytics etc.) a huge plus
- Ability to thrive in a energizing environment, and the passion to make a difference
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress code
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top