PR Specialist NL & Nordics
• Locally develop the visibility of the brand(s) via earned media - online and offiline (print, TV & radio) looking for relevant story angles and responding to incoming media requests.
• Storytell in a way that complements or adheres to company values, brand positioning, approved messaging, key target audiences, legal parameters and financial framework.
• Work closely with PR Manager as well as Local Market Activation Director to lock in the strategy for the 5 countries (Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland)
• Coordinate the daily activity of the PR agencies in 5 countries to ensure efficiency and teamwork daily and work with them to produce consumer communications briefings, follow up of the roadmap and timelines that drive results.
• Craft standard PR materials such as news releases and pitches to media and work with agencies on translations by country as needed.
• Support the creation of and maintain an approved pool of communications content (general key messages, company boilerplate, interview briefing documents, photography/videos, testimonials etc.).
• Maintain updated media list and strong relationships with reporters, editors and news directors in all key media markets in the region.
• Identify opportunities for HomeAway at relevant events or conferences, and confirm speaking opportunities for key leadership to promote the company’s business model and its offering.
• Work with Local Market Activation Director for the region and social teams on strategy with influencers in Netherlands and The Nordics: identify and select the key targets, propose a relevant engagement of these targets with our brand, ensure the logistics and assess actions.
• Capture all coverage and for a regularly report on results and send daily monitoring reports.
• Act as a general spokesperson for the company as needed to relay key messages/information from either London or Austin leadership.
• Support the EI Government Relations Manager in executing communications to promote the industry and ensure the quality of the company image in its relations with local authorities. Provide ongoing PR updates to the Manager to ensure consistency.
* A +3 year degree in communications, journalism or literature/languages.
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience in PR.
* Proven results in terms of media coverage online and offline.
* Good knowledge of the travel industry.
* Excellent written and speaking skills.
* Motivated to work within a passionate team focused on quality and anticipated key results.
* Eager to ensure efficient working flow with other departments of the company.
* Creativity, inquisitive nature, deadline-oriented.
* Capacity to organize, prioritize and handle multiple projects at the same time.
* Fluent in a Nordic language, as well as English with professional proficiency written and oral.
* Available to travel in Netherlands & The Nordics and globally up to 15% of the time.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top