We are looking for an Office Administrator who will make it a personal mission to continue to develop the HomeAway culture and help facilitate office related matters around the company’s growth. Enthusiastic, disciplined, motivated, and extremely organized are essential traits for this role. The Office Administrator will support our rapidly growing Austin offices to make things run smoothly in a fast-paced environment with continuous change. The job is multi-faceted but the primary role of the Office Administrator is to make it possible for other employees to function effectively and efficiently.
In addition to providing outstanding office support, this individual will be part of the front desk, facilities, and administrative team. The position will require an overall understanding of all HomeAway business and initiatives to help drive team priorities.
The position requires strong organization and impeccable attention to details as well as the ability to see all the pieces of the puzzle to avoid possible complications. Flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff are also required. Professionalism is essential across all levels of communication.
- Assist with facilities requirements for weekly on-boarding of new employees and contractors
- Manage after hours and internal event organization
- Manage Austin employee move requests
- Primary internal contact for all things work space related
- Assist with and fine-tune processes to keep the office organized and running smoothly
- Flexible attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff required
- Contribute to Admin/Facilities team efforts through teamwork and collaboration, as needed
- Work closely with the Front Desk Coorindators, Executive Assistants and Office Manager to assist with basic office support functions as well as help with coordination of quarterly meetings and other types of events
- Assist Office Manager with large internal office moves
- Facilitate Safety & Emergency processes and a safe and secure working environment by coordinating with emergency delegates of each office and conducting annual emergency drills
- Opportunities to work on a variety of ad hoc projects
- Backup support for front desk:
- Greet visitors, answer/screen calls, relay messages
- Mail circulation and worldwide shipping
- Order and maintain office and break room supplies
- Update and maintain global office and vendor contact lists
- Facilitate lunch or catering orders when necessary
- Experience as an office administrator, executive assistant, or with similar project management work
- Self-motivated, extraordinary attention to detail, and an internal drive to produce high-quality work
- Good decision-making skills and the ability to function well under stress while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- While this position will primarily be located at our Domain office, the ability and flexibility to travel to our other Austin office locations is needed
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office (Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Outlook)
Candidates should have 4+ years of directly related prior experience as an Office Admin. Strong proficiency in MS Office products is required. Bachelor’s Degree required.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top