no SQL DBA
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway is seeking experienced IT professionals interested in NoSQL Database Engineering, mostly on Cassandra, and MongoDB. This will be a rich, rewarding opportunity for the right professional, including exposure to some of the best IT talent and technologies in the world. The NoSQL Database Engineer will work among a team of database engineers focused on delivering NoSQL solutions, setting standards, use cases and optimizing performance.
- Research, evaluate and recommend NoSQL solutions and best use cases for them.
- Work with development teams to architect and implement NoSQL solutions.
- Migrate data to NoSQL databases
- Work with Database Operation team to conduct system performance evaluations.
- Provide technology guidance, and best practices on NoSQL design and development.
- Perform POCs and produce technical documentation.
- Experience with all phases of SDLC process.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of NoSQL databases: Architecture, Data modeling & Development.
- Experience in data migration to NoSQL from relational model
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting the NoSQL environment in a high volume production environment.
- Experience with RDBMS.
- Proficient with installing, configuring, administering, using and benchmarking NoSQL solutions.
- Proficient with common developer tool sets such as Java, XML, JSON, REST, Shell, Perl and etc.
- Minimum 4 years of developing NoSQL solutions.
- Four year degree or equivalent experience.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress code
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top