Marketing Director, Germany and Nordics
Are you looking for a new challenge in a dynamic, fast paced environment that offers the agility of a start-up but with the resources of a multinational?
Would you like to work with a product that allows you to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, part of the Expedia group.
HomeAway is the world leader in holiday rentals. Our mission is to help families and friends make unforgettable holiday memories and make every vacation rental in the world available to everyone through our online marketplace.
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Director for Central Europe. You will be based in our Frankfurt office and support the growth of our websites in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland. This role will focus heavily on the German speaking regions.
- Develop and implement local marketing strategy for our B2B and B2C target groups
- Manage and optimise our marcom spend allocation and media mix based on country/marketplace revenue goals and market growth potential
- Develop a close working relationship with and support the Regional Director - Central Europe with expertise in developing strategy and planning
- Act as a key point of contact to global marketing teams and make sure they are aware of local particularities and marketing opportunities
- Build partnerships with large brands in defined categories to increase the vacation rental marketplace awareness through co-marketing initiatives.
- Be ahead of the curve regarding campaign management (On- and Offline) and build partnerships with large brands and relevant tourism boards
- Lead and develop local marketing team
- Experienced Marketing Director with relevant experience and successes in leading a marketing team in an Online / E-Commerce company
- Excellent knowledge of different on and offline marketing channels (above and below the line) – e.g. direct marketing, events, social marketing, OOH, Radio,…
- Motivated team player with excellent communication skills (English + German)
- Experience in an international matrix organised company are a benefit
- Metrics driven leader with ability to understand and evaluate business analytics paired with structured way of working.
- Self-driven and result orientated
- Open and integrative leadership style willing to learn and develop local marketing team
- Fluent in German and English (verbal and written)
What we offer:
- Challenging opportunity in one of the fastest growing segments in travel
- Working with a highly motivated team in an international environment
- Modern office in centre of Frankfurt with free drinks & snacks (fruits)
- Competitive compensation and retirement plans
- Discounts on Travel, Health Club
- Contribution to public transportation
Expedia Group recognises our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognise the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organisation but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior Manager, Global Operations & Process
Charles works to identify opportunities for process improvements, then uses data, business logic, and subject matter expertise to implement effective solutions.
Back to top