HomeAway, Inc. an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 1.2 million listings in 193 countries. Our global platform spans across over 40 websites and 22 languages.
As a part of that family, HomeAway Asia is a rapidly expanding business established in 2012 with a focus both on emerging markets growth and a commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
The Market Manager is primarily responsible for revenue growth for a portfolio of property listings or an assigned territory within a fast paced and high growth region.
The Market Manager will prioritise accounts and quickly develop valuable relationships with a view to helping property owners take full advantage of their relationship with HomeAway. In so doing the Market Manager will try to exceed targets related to listing quality, owner engagement and revenue and listing numbers.
- Achieve content and listing quality targets by executing strategies and through enhanced cooperation with and education of property owners and property managers.
- Improve engagement with property owners and managers through frequent communication sharing insights and developments which enable listings to improve performance.
- Achieve revenue, conversion and other targets as may be assigned from time to time.
- Access business information systems and use data to make informed and intelligent decisions.
- Maintain local knowledge of day-to-day developments relating to the holiday rental market and identify opportunities as and when they arise.
- Advise new and existing HomeAway clients on company products and services.
- Prepare and deliver proposals to existing and prospective clients.
- Update an ongoing pipeline of listings to convert.
- Work with the Market Managers and Operations team to help settle disputes whilst maintaining strong relationships.
- Other duties as may be reasonably required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 1-2 years of business development and/or account management experience, preferably for an online or travel-related company.
- Experience building relationships by telephone.
- High standards of computer literacy. Experience with business support software applications such as MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Preferred tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce, Travel & Tourism at bachelor level or equivalent.
- Proven ability to plan, identify and develop strong prospects and convert these into profitable new business.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Good level of English.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and confidence in relating to clients.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Thrives in a diverse and changing environment.
- Willing to accept an element of risk in order to achieve business outcomes.
- Strong communicator who engages others through credible communication.
- Good problem solving ability