Manager of NOC operations
Lead a team to facilitate the effective communications of outages and incidents. Coordinate maintenance work, schedule downtime, gather and report on metrics, and business KPIs.
- Responsible for driving communications across teams during outages and incidents.
- Candidate will have a proven track record of implementing and driving change in an international organization.
- While the primary focus of the HomeAway network operations manager will be communications, and coordination, a strong technical background in complex computing environments is recommended.
- Candidate will have deep understanding of technical metrics and how they map to business KPIs.
- Candidate will be an agent of change within the organization seeking to close any gaps between technical issues and business communications, and help drive improvements through various teams.
- Ensure all issues follow necessary escalation path and are resolved quickly.
- Market the advantages of managed incident communications to all levels of the organization at all times. Candidate knows how to ‘stay on message’ to further initiatives of improvement.
- Focused on the long game and not discouraged by minor setbacks.
- Ability to motivate offshore teams and technical organizations through messaging and a can do attitude.
- Exposure to established contract management
- Constant focus to new and better options for her/his area of responsibility.
- Ten years progressive responsibility and experience in managing NOC/SOC employees both internally and offshore.
- He / she should be flexible and creative.
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated and the ability to organize and prioritize time effectively.
- Ability to manage and lead a team.
- Underlying awareness of the bigger picture.
- Ability to think quickly, take the initiative and willingness to make judgment calls.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness and ability to learn new products and network technologies quickly, often without the focus of formalized training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to communicate about networking issues effectively and in a comprehensible manner both to clients and employees
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus
- Company stock (RSUs)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Free vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Back to top