Manager - IT Operations
HomeAway is one of the world's largest and most trusted vacation rental marketplaces. Quality and efficiency are core to our day to day operations and the processes we live by. We hire creative engineers and technology enthusiasts who enjoy being challenged by problems of scale and complexity, with a strong desire to improve the services they work on.
As an IT Operations Manager within our Off Platform and Internal Technology team you will lead a team of 5 Engineers and drive solutions that support our Windows and macOS client and server deployments across our corporate and production environments as well as .NET application deployments for our Off Platform development teams. You will provide our users with tools that enable them to excel at their role and successfully achieve shared business goals, and have a proven understanding of system lifecycle with experience in deployment and configuration management, with a strong focus on automation and scripting.
As a technical manager, your mission will be to ensure our technical services are simple to use, available and fast. Providing technical support escalation and training sessions for teammates and building monitored, maintainable and documented systems throughout our global environment based on technology best practices will ensure the best experience for our internal and external customers.
Our Team members take a long term view for solutions, with a strong focus on automation and scalability. Individuals should take initiative to and take ownership to work issues to completion, while remaining organized, consistent and calm under pressure. They enjoy working in a dynamic flexible environment with constant change and have the ability to express complex ideas to team members who have a variety of technical backgrounds.
The successful candidate will have:
- Practical experience designing, implementing and managing systems management solutions for Windows and macOS that covers image build, deployment and configuration of those systems
- A thorough understanding of CI/CD with a focus on .NET application deployments and management.
- Demonstrable experience of cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure, and virtualization technologies in an enterprise or production environment
- A strong focus on automation and scalability
- Ability to provide technical leadership across engineering teams, such as Dev, Database and QA
- Experience with compliance controls such as PCI and SOX
- Understand HTTP based applications and the supporting protocols and infrastructure
- Use Powershell and/or Ruby to manage Microsoft infrastructure and REST APIs
- Monitor the team’s development velocity and facilitate the resolution of risks and blockers
- Deﬁne and disseminate technology best practices, standards, guidelines and metrics
- Communicate status, risks with resolution plan, upcoming milestones, and recent releases to leadership teams
- Manage resolution of urgent engineering issues while communicating changes to business stakeholders
- Be available 24x7 when on call
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Free vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Back to top