Manager, Analytics Data Services
HomeAway is looking for a manager to lead a team of enterprise data warehouse engineers focused on enabling advanced analytics supporting product and business teams. This is a new team and will require an experienced manager to successfully stand-up this important new function, with strong engineers focused on technically challenging problems. As manager of data services, you will focus on making rich datasets/solutions available, understandable and extensible for several business and product teams in the company. Success in this role comes from marrying a strong EDW engineering background, product and business acumen with team leadership skills to deliver scalable technical solutions that can enable self-service advanced analytics at HomeAway.
What we look for: Flawless Execution, Engineering Excellence, Strong Mentorship, Team growth and development
- Build and support scalable and durable data solutions that can enable self-service advanced analytics at HomeAway using both traditional(SQL server) and modern DW
technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Cloud, NoSQL etc.).
- Support HomeAway’s product and business teams specific data and reporting needs on a global scale.
- Implement a data/BI engineering roadmap by working with internal partners from Engineering, product, and business.
- Own the end to end roadmap for this function from conceptual architecture through implementation and support.
- Hire, coach and manage deeply skilled teams.
- Ensure that projects are aligned with business and product priorities.
- Provide project oversight of timelines, budgets, and resources in support of roadmap, including outsourced vendors.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related experience required.
- 8+ years of relevant experience including 2+ years in a people management role
- Hands-on technical leader that contributes to technical vision, architecture, process improvements.
- Proven technical decision maker using technologies such as SQL server (or any relational DB), Hadoop, Cassandra, Java, Python, Spark, Hive and Kafka.
- Should be able to develop rapid prototypes and proof of concepts to facilitate decision making.
- Experience with driving the execution and implementation of all aspects of data systems(both Big data and traditional) including database design, ETL, aggregation
strategy, performance optimization, service layer development, UI/UX, reporting and analysis tools.
- Capable of working closely with business and product teams to ensure tight alignment of business priorities and data engineering roadmap/deliverables.
- Experience in eCommerce or Internet industry preferred.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus
- Company stock (RSUs)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Free vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
To understand the mission of HomeAway watch our ad by Prince EA, Working to Live or Living to Work, on our YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNRldP18bH8!
Visit our Tech Blog at http://tech.homeaway.com
Back to top